Music views, way to display tracks with no album tag? (1 Viewer)

Karson

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
EDIT: Sorry for the "fixed" icon, my hand slipped! ;)

Loving MediaPortal so far and have worked through many issues myself, but I've searched and searched and can't find the answer to this one!

With the default Artist music view, MP presents a hierarchy based on ID3 tags that looks like this:

Artist
-- Album 1
-- Track 1 from Album 1
-- Track 2 from Album 1
-- Album 2
-- Track 1 from Album 2
Artist
-- Album 3
-- Track 1 from Album 3

Etc. However, many of my MP3s have no album info, since they're bootlegs, one-off's or the info is just plain missing. When I use the Artists view in this case, I get the following:

Artist
-- Album 1
-- Track 1 from Album 1
-- Track 2 from Album 1
-- unknown
-- track with missing Album tag
-- unknown
-- unknown

Etc., basically it lists every track with a missing Album tag under its own "unknown" album, which makes it very hard to browse those tracks!

A better way to display these tracks would be:

Artist
-- Album 1
-- Track 1 from Album 1
-- Track 2 from Album 1
-- unknown

i.e. put all tracks with missing Album tags under the same "unknown" album. Or better yet, how about this:

Artist
-- Album 1
-- Track 1 from Album 1
-- Track 2 from Album 1

I know this is mixing tracks with albums in that you're viewing albums and tracks in the same view, but this is how myself and a lot of people organize MP3s on our file systems and it's very convenient.

However I'd be happy with just being able to view all the tracks with no Album tag in the same "unknown" album! Is there some way to do this with views?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom