[Bug] [MUSIC] WASAPI makes crackling noises in combination with certain plugins (2 Viewers)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also think ;)

greets

But the strange thing is that it happens with at least 2 3rd party plugins. Sow where lies the issue: plugins or mediaportal

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updated first post again with clearer steps to reproduce

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @CypherMK i have no clue what's going on with the first post, because i don't see a tag in there, but i already received 6 alerts on your updates:
    Alerts.JPG

Please remember to remove the @ tags when you edit a post ;)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @CypherMK i have no clue what's going on with the first post, because i don't see a tag in there, but i already received 6 alerts on your updates:
    View attachment 135524

Please remember to remove the @ tags when you edit a post ;)

Sorry Jeroen, Chefkoch already removed those tags. So it wont happen again. :eek:

Didn't you also have this problem with wasapi?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can reproduce. Same issue here. Using Titan, Wasapi - exclusive mode, 2sec buffer, a lot of plugins present.

Will dive deeper later tonight. I will test in relation to what plugins on/off make a difference.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry Jeroen, Chefkoch already removed those tags. So it wont happen again. :eek:
    No problems, just a reminder :)

Didn't you also have this problem with wasapi?

It sounds like you're having a different issue as i have. I was only able to reproduce the skipping tracks when i enabled visualisations (before the fix). I need to test the X part (will see if i have some time tonight, if i can finish this client install in time...)

My issue sounds like a buffer/network issue, since music plays fine, but every now and then (random) i hear a 0.5 seconds 'trrrrrrrr' sound through the speakers, like the music is hanging or in a loop. It's pretty annoying, but doesn't happen more often then twice an hour.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, just tested the X on my system. I have to put my ears on the speaker to hear the tick when i press the X, but it's there.
    But... it ONLY happens when i toggle back to the playlist. When on the playlist > hit X > NowPlaying screen, i don't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom