MusicPlaying & FanartHandler plugin. (1 Viewer)

trepamuros

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: MusicPlaying-FanartHandler plugin.

Wow! What a nice improvement for Blue3Wide!!!!
I'm using Fanart Handler 1.5 and these B3W skinfiles and is AWSOME!!!

I'll use the PlayingNow from ysmp and the Playlist from jimwin.
I would like to have the fanart when in the albums list view (so the fanart is changing when browsing the albums list).

Thank you very much!!!

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ,

uptade on the mod , to work with MP 1.1 and Fanart Handler V2.1.1 ,

now have 2 mod's one with lass info on screen and one with more info ,

hope you like it ...:)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    ysmp,

Thanks for your fanart files for Now Playing, they look fantastic! but I am using Blue3 not wide. I could not get your files to work for Blue3. Are you able to do a Blue 3 version?
    Or show me how to adapt these files to work in Blue3 4:3. I would love to get fanart working in the now playing screen.

Thanks.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    ysmp,

Thanks for your fanart files for Now Playing, they look fantastic! but I am using Blue3 not wide. I could not get your files to work for Blue3. Are you able to do a Blue 3 version?
    Or show me how to adapt these files to work in Blue3 4:3. I would love to get fanart working in the now playing screen.

Thanks.

hi jamiro ! first the file's shud work the only thing you will see is 70% of the backdrops and 10% of the cd cover .....:) (i check it now) wall i dont have any screen 4:3 size ... but i will try to mack 4:3 MOD .... in the next day or 2 ...

But you will have to test it on your sistem ....;)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks ysmp,

I have had a bit of a hack and managed to put the following file together based on jimwin's files.. It is very basic and took me way to long to get working, (I'm to embarrassed to tell you how long I spent getting this one xml file to work)

I don't have any of the Internet look-up stuff enabled in MP config, so this file just gives me some basic track info and an album cover. I couldn't get the track progress stuff to work in the right spot so that is displaying somewhere off the screen in 4:3.

Any help you can offer to maybe tweak this file would be cool, I appreciate your assistance

Attachments

• nowplayingblue3_withfanart.rar
      147.3 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Re: MusicPlaying & FanartHandler plugin.

Any help you can offer to maybe tweak this file would be cool, I appreciate your assistance
    Hi jamiro,
    me also I am not a skinner, but I did the same on the MediaSlayer plugin which was only available for 16:9.

It is quite easy. Just take the original file of ysmp and adjust in the labels which are not at the right place the parameters for <posX>, <posY> and <width> to your needs. With some try and error it will lead to a reasonable result.

If you did know this already, just ignore my post ;)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks Alfred,

yeah that is pretty well what I did with jimwin's files, changing those parameters of position and size until I got something I wanted. Lots of trial and error, with big doses of error. lol Although it is missing a lot, it suits my purposes.

I'll try and tackle jimwins My lyrics file next.

Also I would love to add a Lyrics button to the left menu in My Music, maybe replace Search or Play CD, which I never use with My lyrics instead, that way I don't have to go back to the home menu to bring up lyrics everytime. Looked through the skin files, but cannot figure out which one I need to edit to achieve this.

Thanks

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Re: MusicPlaying & FanartHandler plugin.

Hi jamiro,

maybe here I really can help you, as I wanted exactly the same thing (add MyLyrics directly to the "Now Playing" page). I think with this example you should be able to attach it to any page you want.

Find attached my solution (MyMusicPlayingNow.xml); the important thing is just at the beginning "defaultcontrol" which points to the mylyrics id 26 at the end to give it the focus when entering the page, and right at the end the control for "My Lyrics".

I also tried another solution with a menu (MyLyricsMenu.txt); if you copy this at the beginning of your xml-file (after the "controls" label), you will get a little menu at the left side.

Good luck!

Attachments

• MyMusicPlayingNow.xml
      19.7 KB
    • MyLyricsMenu.txt
      2.6 KB

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Brilliant! Thanks Alfred, using the code from that xml I was able to place a Lyrics button right where I wanted it on the now playing screen.

I'm slowly tweaking Blue3 to be just right.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi jamiro ! as promiss her Is the Mod for Blue3 (4:3)

as i say i dont have 4:3 screen ,so please test it and if somting wrong with in the layot (place) like the cd cove ,please tack a sccrennnshot ( kye F11) and post it her . (on 16:9 scrren 4:3 look strach so cant be sure all o.k ...)
    if all o.k i will post it in first post...

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom