Mustayaluca 0.6.2.0 Final (12/01/2014 MP 1.6.x or later) (1 Viewer)

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Re: Mustayaluca 0.3.1.181 Beta (MP 1.2.x or later only)

No unselecting TvSeries for me hangs the install and I have to kill the process off. No work around !

Cheers

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Well, I'm glad to see that it wasn't just my install that wasn't working, but that it's a common issue. I guess I will wait for the updated release as I wanted to try this new skin - StreamedMP getting too old for me.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mustayaluca 0.3.1.181 Beta (MP 1.2.x or later only)

What a sleeper we got here! If you guys haven't checked out Mustayaluca yet, please do. It's the most "professional" looking skin out there, valueing and embedding established logos like Dolby Digital and DTS for what they are, marks of quality and combining animations with a clear and straightforward interface.

Other beautiful skins like Backdrop stand and fall with the underlying Fanart, Mustayaluca does a nice job keeping this in check with its (changeable) omnipresent layer inbetween.

The installer seems to be linked to the Moving Pictures entry, so if you are stuck with TV Series just untick everything besides Moving Pictures, worked for me.

A few assorted bugs and improvement suggestions, after a few days with Mustayaluca:

- The "left" menu is visible over poster in Subcentral subtitle downloader, triggered from TV Series or Moving Pictures.
    - The big 16:9 information in bottom of Video OSD is pretty obsolete in front of a 16:9 video, better go with resolution here.

Referring to the attached screenshot:

- Limit or enlarge the box for series description so the bottom line doesnt get cut when selecting a series.
    - The actual rating numbers hover in space not accompanied by stars unless they are round numbers. Here it's 9,6, 9(,0)/10 would have stars.
    - The reflection over the poster takes up more than half the width at the top, should be shrunk (a lot).
    - The font, while being very clear, isn't blocksized, so you got moving clocks and list anomalities when small letters like 1 are involved. Maybe there's another similar blocksized font out there...

Thanks for a great job guys!
    :D

Attachments

• 15-36-02.jpg
      15-36-02.jpg
      173.1 KB

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Well, I want to start by saying that I like the design of the skin a lot. Good job on that guys!

However I want to balance out a little bit the latest post here. I've got some complaints:
    1. It's slow. I've tried different skins and this is the slowest by far. I don't have a crazy fast HTPC (Atom 330, which is plenty enough), but none of the skins are this slow. It's slow to scroll through any lists, etc.
    2. It's got a lot of labels that were not mapped (?) - i get placeholders' names instead (#skintranslation...). And I get these everywhere - Moving Pictures, TV Series, YouTube.FM, etc.
    3. I like how videos are played full screen in background in YouTube.Fm, but couldn't find a single way to just watch a video there - it kept showing list of videos on top of currently playing one, or details about currently playing music video. WTF?
    4. I cannot add mvCentral to Basic home menu, but it works ok (skinned and all) in Classic menu. What gives?

I hope that the developers of the skin will continue on making it better and better! Thanks for your efforts!

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Mustayaluca 0.3.1.181 Beta (MP 1.2.x or later only)

1. It's slow. I've tried different skins and this is the slowest by far. I don't have a crazy fast HTPC (Atom 330, which is plenty enough), but none of the skins are this slow. It's slow to scroll through any lists, etc.
    MP's skin engine is a bit outdated, we all have to suffer short stutters and loading times here and there. Combining it with Atoms or older CPUs of course is the worst case for an eye candy skin like Mustayaluca.
    2. It's got a lot of labels that were not mapped (?) - i get placeholders' names instead (#skintranslation...). And I get these everywhere - Moving Pictures, TV Series, YouTube.FM, etc.
    Don't have that anywhere. Are you sure you are using the latest MediaPortal + Mustayaluca plugin combo?
    3. I like how videos are played full screen in background in YouTube.Fm, but couldn't find a single way to just watch a video there - it kept showing list of videos on top of currently playing one, or details about currently playing music video. WTF?
    Try the fullscreen toggle key 'x'
    4. I cannot add mvCentral to Basic home menu, but it works ok (skinned and all) in Classic menu. What gives?
    Click on "Display XML Filenames" bottom left in Basichome configurator, you should find it there.

Next time take a deep breath before you post ;)

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Re: Mustayaluca 0.3.1.181 Beta (MP 1.2.x or later only)

MP's skin engine is a bit outdated, we all have to suffer short stutters and loading times here and there. Combining it with Atoms or older CPUs of course is the worst case for an eye candy skin like Mustayaluca.

Well, I guess I'm just basing my opinion on Maya, StreamedMP and Defaul skins (these are the latest I used) and there is a noticebale difference in speed and responsiveness.

Don't have that anywhere. Are you sure you are using the latest MediaPortal + Mustayaluca plugin combo?

Yep, everything is latest. Not sure what's going on then. Hrmmm...

Try the fullscreen toggle key 'x'

With the remote? I use MP to drive my TV so a keyboard is not the best choice here.

Click on "Display XML Filenames" bottom left in Basichome configurator, you should find it there.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Next time take a deep breath before you post ;)

Hrmm.. I wasn't bashing or being angry by any means! I really appreciate the work the devs have put into this. I just wanted to share my experience.

P.S. And thanks for the feedback!

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Big fan.... Just wondering if community mods is supported by this skin... I would like to make a MediaSlayer.xml plus a few others that are required... Is that okay, or is this strictly in-house.. Thanks...

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Big fan.... Just wondering if community mods is supported by this skin... I would like to make a MediaSlayer.xml plus a few others that are required... Is that okay, or is this strictly in-house.. Thanks...

You can make mods to any skins and share them, thats the great thing about MP and this site. Just make your own thread with the mods and a detailed description of what you changed and added if any, and what the mods do.

I would imagine if they turned out nice the Mustayaluca team might even add them in the releases.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Loving this skin, is there any chance we'll get support for the Yr weather plugin in the next revision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom