My Alarm V2 (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

rien-ne-va-plus said:
for some reason it doesnt play a playlist for me..any ideas?

For me too. I tried several times, but the alarm plugin only works in file mode for me. Radio and playlist don't work.
MyAlarm is great work and I found it great to be awoke by radio or one of my playlist :-(
Has anybody an idea??

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    RoBra said:
    rien-ne-va-plus said:
    for some reason it doesnt play a playlist for me..any ideas?

For me too. I tried several times, but the alarm plugin only works in file mode for me. Radio and playlist don't work.
    MyAlarm is great work and I found it great to be awoke by radio or one of my playlist :-(
    Has anybody an idea??

To use radio or playlists you must add radio stations like you normally would through the radio plugin. The my alarm plugin reads them from the database. The playlists are loaded from the "playlist" directory in the options.

You need to select the media type from the plugin then click the station or playlist that you want played.

If the list isn't loading after this then there must be something wrong.

A

Anonymous

devo said:
    To use radio or playlists you must add radio stations like you normally would through the radio plugin. The my alarm plugin reads them from the database. The playlists are loaded from the "playlist" directory in the options.

You need to select the media type from the plugin then click the station or playlist that you want played.

I added all radio stations and saved different playlists and they all appear in the alarm plugin. After setting up the alarmtime and selecting the media type I select either a radio station or a playlist to play. I think until now I've done everything correct because when using file as media type all works great. But with the other types of media the alarm window pops up when the time arrives (like with file as mediatype) but nothing starts to play.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    RoBra said:
    devo said:

I added all radio stations and saved different playlists and they all appear in the alarm plugin. After setting up the alarmtime and selecting the media type I select either a radio station or a playlist to play. I think until now I've done everything correct because when using file as media type all works great. But with the other types of media the alarm window pops up when the time arrives (like with file as mediatype) but nothing starts to play.

Ok, hmmm. I don't have a radio tuner card. I was testing using a shoutcast stream so maybe that is a problem . The playlist I can't tell what is happening there. I will have to look at it later when I get home.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Bug Fixes

I have fixed the plugin to make sure playlists and radio stations work.(and some other issues) Currently only streaming stations will work.

These changes will be submitted to sourceforge soon.

Thank you everyone for reporting your problems.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Re: Bug Fixes

Mr.Mitchell said:
    devo said:
    Thank you everyone for reporting your problems.
    And thank you for fixing them :D

I finished fixing the bugs ..but haven't uploaded it to sourceforge yet. Sorry.

Tonight for sure, if not come in to the irc channel and bug me.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Wake up For Alarms

fred said:
    Hi devo,

I know you're interested in getting My Alarm to work with hibernation.
    I' m thinking of implementing a general wake-up functionality in the PowerScheduler plugin. This would enable any plugin to register for wake up.
    I'm thinking in terms of plugins implementing a Wake-up-interface with one method - getNextEvent() returns DateTime.

How does this sound - any suggestions?

/ Fred

Hi Fred,

I am at the point where I really want to integrate the my alarm with wakeup functionality. This is the big piece missing from the alarms.

I like your idea that you posted above of making some generic functionality (interface?) where I can register a new wakeup timer would be ideal.

There is no point in me duplicating code.

If you have any more ideas around this im all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom