My Alarm V2 (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
lol...no problem.

So rtv, maybe you should reinstate that patch of yours; I had a look at the code that you commented out and it looks ok to me. I didn't test it though as I wasn't 100% sure whether I had found everywhere that you had changed.

Sam

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
What's the status of this development?
-Is this plugin implemented in the latest SVN builds or RC4?
-Does the new alarm plugin work?

Thx, great work!

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
The alarm plugin never worked with me. How do i get my pc to wake up?

The steps i do are:

Ex1:
Set the alarm with a message
Put from within MP the pc in stand-by

result: Nothing happens

Ex2:

Set the Sleep timer to 1 min and activate it.
Wait i the home screen until the pc shuts down or goes into stand-by

result: Nothing happens

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
The power scheduler is activated but it's set not to go in stand-by on the home screen (value 0). I'll like to keep the pc running in home screen.

Again, the pc doesn't go in standby on sleep (it does go to home screen)

And if i put the pc manual in standby from within MP it doesn't wake up.

What are the correct steps i need to follow to get it working?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Elconejo said:
The power scheduler is activated but it's set not to go in stand-by on the home screen (value 0). I'll like to keep the pc running in home screen.

Again, the pc doesn't go in standby on sleep (it does go to home screen)

And if i put the pc manual in standby from within MP it doesn't wake up.

What are the correct steps i need to follow to get it working?

The sleep function works by reverting to the home screen after the sleep timer period so that PowerScheduler will put the computer in standby. If you do not set a time period for PowerScheduler, it will not work - this is a limitation of the plugin.

As for your alarm not waking the computer up, check that you have checked 'wake computer up for alarm' when setting the alarm. To check that PowerScheduler has gotten the message to wake up at the alarm time, set your alarm, go back to the home screen, wait for about 1 minute, quit MP and check the MediaPortal.log file. It will tell you when PowerScheduler will wake the computer back up. Post it here if you're confused about it.

Sam

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
Will it be possible in the future to suspend or shutdown the pc without power sheduler?

As for the moment, i'll wait until the plugin is further developed.
Thanks for your help.

jamiro

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Home Country
Like Elconejo, I cannot get the sleeptimer in my alarm in conjunction with the power scheduler to shutdown the PC.

All it does is switch to the home screen, I have the "shutdown computer after idle for 2 minutes" set in power scheduler, but nothing happens.

Is there a setting i need to adjust in the windows power options maybe?, would having an rss weather and news ticker mean there is no idle time being registered? Or does this feature of the plugin, just not work?

Has anyone else managed to get this feature working.?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I cannot get the sleeptimer in my alarm in conjunction with the power scheduler to shutdown the PC.

MyAlarm does not work with TVServer, this is being talked about by the team at this moment in time, whether to fix (involves a lot of components) or remove altogether, as it is designed to only work with the defunct old built in tvengine, which has also been removed from future MP release.

All is not bad news, the MySleeptimer is excellent at putting pc to sleep, but has no alarm functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom