My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
Is there anyway to include in the next release "play next file" option?

Would be kind of usefull, because in anyme series like one piece with 400 episodes ex: you finish to see episode Nº334 and you haave to go back to episode Nº1 and go down all the list and select the episode Nº335.

Thanks for answer :)

That shouldn't be necessary. When showing the episode list the first unwatched episode is selected. So if you make sure all eps from 1 to 333 are marked as watched, after watching ep 334 ep 335 will automatically be selected. To manually mark an episode as watched, choose the first item in the context-menu (mark as watched).

But maybe a 'play next' could be useful too ... I'll see if it's possible.

That Play next would be really usefull, as you can see nobody see the ending audio of each episode because all the endings repeats for like 30 episodes in a row.

So to skip that and play the next file woul be very nice just click a button and play the next file (episode) in list.

:D

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
An error "An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used" occurs when setting up the UDP connection to AniDB, which is most likely a network problem. Can you use the internet normally? And other networking programs which use other network protocols?
Reading a bit around on internet, it appears this error may be caused by a corrupted inet stack. This could be the result of an incorrectly uninstalled program, or when removing certain viruses or spyware infections. To solve this do the following: start -> execute -> cmd (needs admin rights in Vista) -> type 'netsh winsock reset'.

Let us know if this works!

Yes I can use the internet normally, our ISP has been having some trouble with congestion lately but it doesn't prevent me from using the net, just slows it down considerably based on the time of day. Other programs have not had trouble connecting to the net be it My TV Series or Moving Pictures plugins. I can play multi player games online without issues also. I originally port forwarded both the UDP and TCP ports which I tested, whether that has some relevance to my issue.

I noticed that if I create a series with in a group and search for it, it finds cover art but I guess this is not coming from the AniDB.

In regards to an incorrectly uninstalled program, the best I can do is reformat which is no biggie, I have not been aware of any programs that have been uninstalled incorrectly. My money would be on the removal of viruses or spyware.

I will try your solution tonight, hopefully that is all it will take and I will be able to enjoy what looks like a great addition to my HTPC.

Thanks

EDIT:

Unfortunately, the "netsh winsock reset" did not fix my problem. I went to the command prompt entered "netsh winsock reset", it said that it was successful and that I needed to reboot. After I rebooted I waited for MP to load and then tried to re import my Anime episodes, the same thing happened as before. Here is the updated log.

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Is there anyway to include in the next release "play next file" option?

Would be kind of usefull, because in anyme series like one piece with 400 episodes ex: you finish to see episode Nº334 and you haave to go back to episode Nº1 and go down all the list and select the episode Nº335.

Thanks for answer :)

That shouldn't be necessary. When showing the episode list the first unwatched episode is selected. So if you make sure all eps from 1 to 333 are marked as watched, after watching ep 334 ep 335 will automatically be selected. To manually mark an episode as watched, choose the first item in the context-menu (mark as watched).

But maybe a 'play next' could be useful too ... I'll see if it's possible.

That Play next would be really usefull, as you can see nobody see the ending audio of each episode because all the endings repeats for like 30 episodes in a row.

So to skip that and play the next file woul be very nice just click a button and play the next file (episode) in list.

:D

You can change when an episode will be marked as 'watched' (configuration dialog, display tab, 'an episode is watched after x%'). If you set this low enough (the default setting of 90% is sufficient for me) an episode will be set to watched even when you press stop before the ending.

But I'll see anyway if it is possible to implement a 'play next' function. I had such a function on my old media player (a TViX) and used it constantly.

An error "An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used" occurs when setting up the UDP connection to AniDB, which is most likely a network problem. Can you use the internet normally? And other networking programs which use other network protocols?
Reading a bit around on internet, it appears this error may be caused by a corrupted inet stack. This could be the result of an incorrectly uninstalled program, or when removing certain viruses or spyware infections. To solve this do the following: start -> execute -> cmd (needs admin rights in Vista) -> type 'netsh winsock reset'.

Let us know if this works!

Yes I can use the internet normally, our ISP has been having some trouble with congestion lately but it doesn't prevent me from using the net, just slows it down considerably based on the time of day. Other programs have not had trouble connecting to the net be it My TV Series or Moving Pictures plugins. I can play multi player games online without issues also. I originally port forwarded both the UDP and TCP ports which I tested, whether that has some relevance to my issue.

I noticed that if I create a series with in a group and search for it, it finds cover art but I guess this is not coming from the AniDB.

In regards to an incorrectly uninstalled program, the best I can do is reformat which is no biggie, I have not been aware of any programs that have been uninstalled incorrectly. My money would be on the removal of viruses or spyware.

I will try your solution tonight, hopefully that is all it will take and I will be able to enjoy what looks like a great addition to my HTPC.

Thanks

EDIT:

Unfortunately, the "netsh winsock reset" did not fix my problem. I went to the command prompt entered "netsh winsock reset", it said that it was successful and that I needed to reboot. After I rebooted I waited for MP to load and then tried to re import my Anime episodes, the same thing happened as before. Here is the updated log.

The reason why retrieving fanart and most themoviedb data works is probably because they probably use another protocol (TCP) than AniDB (which uses UDP). Can you try if other AniDB UDP clients (like AniHash) have the same problem?

Still, the only thing I can find is that this is most likely caused by a corrupted winsock stack. If the 'netsh winsock reset' trick didn't solve it, you could either try a tool like this one (note that I didn't test this tool myself, I just found it by googling around) or reinstall windows...

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
nipper575 said:

If you are running Windows Vista/7 could you also try temporarily disabling ipv6 to see if this has any effect?

How to disable ipv6

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
If you are running Windows Vista/7 could you also try temporarily disabling ipv6 to see if this has any effect?

How to disable ipv6

Thanks, I'll give that a try as I am running Windows Vista.

EDIT:

IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, that did the trick, had to add the DisableComponent entry to the registry.

Thanks to both of you that spent time helping me solve this issue.

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
Sometimes i run import and recognizes all the files but dont add the folder to the anime menu.

EX: It recognizes all the 74 episodes of MONSTER and didnt add them to database or manager. I try to add the group manually but it didnt work.

Why this happen?

It happened it me with other 4 full series too.

Thx!

Clownboat

August 29, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sometimes i run import and recognizes all the files but dont add the folder to the anime menu.

EX: It recognizes all the 74 episodes of MONSTER and didnt add them to database or manager. I try to add the group manually but it didnt work.

This same thing has been driving me crazy. I have several series that will hash and be recognized fine, but never end up being listed in the groups menu. I have tried doing a fresh install and adding only my Azumanga Daioh folder, for instance, and after a seemingly successful import, the main anime list is still empty and further imports act as if the Azumanga Daioh files have already been dealt with.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia

atlon, Clownboat - when you say it recognizes the files what do you mean?
Do those files appear in the "File Manager" tab in the options screen?

Clownboat

August 29, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

No. The files don't appear in the File Manager, or in the "Unrecognized" list in the importer within MP. I watch the importer as it hashes the files and then matches them against AniDB. But for some reason, a group is not created for the files and they seem "invisible" to the plugin from then on.

To test it out again, I just imported a folder containing a bunch of series in subfolders. In the end, a few files were unrecognized and showed up as such, but only 2 series out of several dozen appear in My Anime and in the Manager tab of the config. When running the importer again, the "missing" series are ignored; the files do not get hashed or added.

Which series show up and which become "invisible" seems somewhat random, as I have gotten different results from importing the same set of files.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia

No. The files don't appear in the File Manager, or in the "Unrecognized" list in the importer within MP. I watch the importer as it hashes the files and then matches them against AniDB. But for some reason, a group is not created for the files and they seem "invisible" to the plugin from then on.

To test it out again, I just imported a folder containing a bunch of series in subfolders. In the end, a few files were unrecognized and showed up as such, but only 2 series out of several dozen appear in My Anime and in the Manager tab of the config. When running the importer again, the "missing" series are ignored; the files do not get hashed or added.

Which series show up and which become "invisible" seems somewhat random, as I have gotten different results from importing the same set of files.

Can you attach your MyAnime2.log file if possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom