My Anime 2 (5 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
was just trying to add epsiodes not recognised /Nyan Koi/ but the webcache is gone (in your latest version)? - Was a good feature - so how to ad epsiodes now - back to putting all infos in by hand?

Ah - Yes - also the switchview option "Year" is gone?

The new release won't use the web cache for episodes anymore.
Instead you can download episodes by opening up the series, and there will be a "Download Eps" link there. It uses the AniDB HTTP api now, which is obviously more accurate.
However it seems to be broken, so I'll fix it on tomorrow.

Yeah the "Year" option is gone. You can still do this via the edit contents for a view, but not as easily. Will need to re-think that a bit.

FdL said:
I'm not sure if this is the normal way this plugin works, but lately I get this sequence of events.

There's new episodes for my series. I Run Import and it hashes them. They usually appear in the right hand list of not recognized files. I usually have to manually tell the program to try to recognize them as episodes again (not rehashing). It does, but (here is my main concern) it doesn't show them in the series episode list until I exit MP and reenter.

Is this normal? Does this happen because Anime 2 updates its databases on startup, and not on the fly while the program is running?

No this is not normal at all. Do you have any errors in your logs connecting to AniDB? Or other types of errors?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah - cool ... the year was a noce too have.

One more thing I have recognised - with the drop-folder. It seems that - if there is at least one File in it which was not recognised (for example if it was copied over when MP was not running) theimportfunction seems to stop working. It hashes the content but doesn't move or recogniose it after all. When you move the files to the folders they belong to manually and do a import it's fine again.

When I have an empty drop folder it works perfect - also the torrent tool is - wow - a great one. Congratulations on that.

In this conent - is there a way to import a series you don't have a single file? The reson I'm asking is simple - when I check for prequel or sequel sometimes some rather old series are popping up which I'd like to get - if you could - bacause of the sequelinfo - get the epsiodelist and download directly out of it - don't know - maybe a stupid idea ...

:D

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    pur_berger said:
    One more thing I have recognised - with the drop-folder. It seems that - if there is at least one File in it which was not recognised (for example if it was copied over when MP was not running) theimportfunction seems to stop working. It hashes the content but doesn't move or recogniose it after all. When you move the files to the folders they belong to manually and do a import it's fine again.

When I have an empty drop folder it works perfect - also the torrent tool is - wow - a great one. Congratulations on that.

Seems to work me. I will need to try this out and see if i can replicate it.

pur_berger said:
    In this conent - is there a way to import a series you don't have a single file? The reson I'm asking is simple - when I check for prequel or sequel sometimes some rather old series are popping up which I'd like to get - if you could - bacause of the sequelinfo - get the epsiodelist and download directly out of it - don't know - maybe a stupid idea ...

:D

Yeah you can do this already. e.g.
    1. From relations page, "View Sequel" (might have to do a "Get Missing Info" first)
    2. Now click the "Anime Info" button at top left
    3. Hit Info button/F9 and select "Create Group/Series For This Anime"

The series will now appear in your normal groups
    If there are no episodes in the list, just hit "Update Info from AniDB" in the same menu as step 3

Edit - "Get Missing Info" seems to be broken as well, fix tomorrow

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm having trouble hashing Fullmetal Alchemist Episodes 33, 35 and 36 (Eclipse). They appear in My List on anidb.net, but Anime2 shows them as unrecognized files. The hashes seem to be correct (although the Anime2 config applet shows them in uppercase and anidb.net shows them in lowercase. Anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having trouble hashing Fullmetal Alchemist Episodes 33, 35 and 36 (Eclipse). They appear in My List on anidb.net, but Anime2 shows them as unrecognized files. The hashes seem to be correct (although the Anime2 config applet shows them in uppercase and anidb.net shows them in lowercase. Anyone else experiencing difficulties?

I've been having problems lately as well with some seemingly correctly hashed episodes. I manually associated them after rehashing them a few times to no effect, so I don't remember exactly which episodes they were. There were a couple each in Darker Than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini from BSS and Kimi ni Todoke from Eclipse. I also got that problem for ep 23 of Umineko from gg.

I've also noticed the AniDB queue doing something odd in the utilities screen. I'm not sure exactly what it's trying to do, but it seems to be sending out requests to AniDB only once every 30 seconds even though there are still several items in the queue.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:

Probably too late to get your log files, so if you don't mind could you send me your database instead.
    Alternatively you can wait until the next release (some time today) where I have fixed something similar.

Cinnabuns said:
    I've been having problems lately as well with some seemingly correctly hashed episodes. I manually associated them after rehashing them a few times to no effect, so I don't remember exactly which episodes they were. There were a couple each in Darker Than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini from BSS and Kimi ni Todoke from Eclipse. I also got that problem for ep 23 of Umineko from gg.

I've also noticed the AniDB queue doing something odd in the utilities screen. I'm not sure exactly what it's trying to do, but it seems to be sending out requests to AniDB only once every 30 seconds even though there are still several items in the queue.

If you see it is taking roughly 30 seconds per command, this is usually an indication that it is failing to connect to AniDB i.e. there is a 30 second timeout, after which it tries the next command.
    This will happen occasionally for me as well.

This can also cause some of the other problems you described, although doing a "Run Import" again later is supposed to recover the missing information properly

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Release 2.1.2.4

Download Here

Description of major changes (courtesy of craige1)

So what’s new in this version? Well thanks to the guys at AniDB we now use a HTTP API for getting a lot of the anime data. This should dramatically improve the speed of getting information from AniDB. It also makes it more accurate for information on things like episodes, since this data is gathered with one call to AniDB rather than 500.

Views are now customisable and saveable. You can now sort your list and change what types of anime show up, then save these views for later use. Do you want only your favourite anime to show up sorted by their rating on AniDB? Go right ahead, then immediately change to the view with only your mecha anime you haven’t seen.

Downloading is now integrated into the plugin. Do you see a relation of anime in the relations window that you don’t have yet? Then don’t worry since all you have to do now is select "search for torrents" on its context menu! Calendar has the same ability. This allows you to keep on top of the latest anime coming out! Note: this is only the start; we are already working on more features for downloading anime. Instructions Here

There are a number of other fixes and improvements so remember to check them out in the changelog.

Here’s a hint for what next. The foundation code for notifications/messages has already been written. Future releases will have notifications for a number of things including, when a download has finished, when a new relation is out, message from AniDB, and many others.

Full list of changes

FIXED: Small skin fixes for mediastream
    FIXED: Associating an episode with a file from within the plugin will now update the series/group counts for watched/unwatched episodes
    FIXED: Handle episode numbers with a comma in them
    FIXED: When viewing episode types show the series name rather than the group name ( Issue #125 )
    FIXED: Bug in import of processing TvDB data where the loop would stop if it encountered a movie.
    FIXED: Viewing credits/specials displays wrong episode info from TvDB ( Issue #88 )
    FIXED: 64 bit windows 7 reported as 32 bit in log ( Issue #128 )
    FIXED: Mark all watched/unwatched on episode group modifies all episodes ( Issue #131 )
    FIXED: When resuming from external player, screen is blacked out ( Issue #108 )
    FIXED: "Set as watched" functionality with external player ( Issue #107 )
    FIXED: Anime Series with no start date were shown as airing on the current day on the calendar ( Issue #147 )
    FIXED: Insert white space into genre list so the text will wrap to the next line ( Issue #137 )
    FIXED: Set the focus back to the selected anime on Calendar window after returning from the Info window
    FIXED: Make sure the top bar is enabled on all windows
    FIXED: Fave icon not showing in streamedmp fanart skin ( Issue #155 )
    FIXED: Only add TvDB images to queue for download if they don't already exist (gives a more accurate impression of how many images are left to download)
    FIXED: AniDB issue when Media Portal hangs and no logout to anidb is issued, next time it logins, AniDB expect the login command in utf-16, since anidb thinks we never logged out.
    FIXED: Make sure that files in drop folder are processed correctly where it failed to Get File/Episode info from AniDB the first time
    FIXED: When moving files from drop folder, delete the destination file if it is the same size and file name of the source file (to handle duplicate files)
    FIXED: Calendar: Series on the first day of the month were showing on the last day of the previous month
    FIXED: Calendar: Series where only the year or year/month were populated were not being displayed properly
    FIXED: Calendar: Make sure the Air Date is updated locally when AniDB updates it
    CHANGED: Year display for groups/series will now use the AirDate? where the "Year" field is not populated
    CHANGED: Various UDP commands replaced with HTTP commands where appropriate
    CHANGED: Changes to the way missing episodes are handled. Missing episodes function will also update series info where it is older than 7 days.
    CHANGED: Calendar updates will no longer update if the local data is less than 7 days old
    CHANGED: Adding a TvDB association will now also download the Episode information and images
    CHANGED: Updating TvDB information/images is done by checking what has changed since last import rather than a full import each time
    CHANGED: Show all fanart from series when in group view ( Issue #122 )
    CHANGED: Now storing CRC32 for AniDB File data
    ADDED: The view mode selected on the fanart and poster windows is now remembered between sessions ( Issue #117 )
    ADDED: Initial support for AniDB HTTP api
    ADDED: Can import all episodes into a series from the config screen using the AniDB HTTP API (Saves the Anime series info as well)
    ADDED: Can view basic AniDB/TvDB episode details associated with an Episode on the config screen
    ADDED: Show whether user has the latest version of the plugin on the admin screen ( Issue #94 )
    ADDED: User-defined views (only configurable within the plugin for now)
    ADDED: Added last watched default view (hard-coded at 7 days for now)
    ADDED: Extra option to just scan the drop folder on admin window ( Issue #118 )
    ADDED: New option to automatically update TvDB information on a regular basis
    ADDED: Allow user to customize the name of the plugin ( Issue #126 )
    ADDED: Characters window now shows status when downloading information from AniDB
    ADDED: New "Downloads" Window for torrent searching/browsing and uTorrent front end
    ADDED: Internal Notifications sub system

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks great!! Can't wait to get home. Have the skins changed drastically? I was working on MediaStream (calendar/details) to make it more compatible with the rest, but seeing these changes I'm guessing it's back to the drawing board for me :D

Hope it will solve my hasing issues as well, if not, I'll send you my database. Last night I was checked mylist on anidb.net and I saw that I have a series which is recognized by the plugin but not shown on mylist (and as far as I remember I haven't manually assigned series for it).

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks great!! Can't wait to get home. Have the skins changed drastically? I was working on MediaStream (calendar/details) to make it more compatible with the rest, but seeing these changes I'm guessing it's back to the drawing board for me :D

Hope it will solve my hasing issues as well, if not, I'll send you my database. Last night I was checked mylist on anidb.net and I saw that I have a series which is recognized by the plugin but not shown on mylist (and as far as I remember I haven't manually assigned series for it).

The skins haven't really changed much. Just some navigation buttons at the top.

Yeah what you describe is probable for people who have largish collections.
    The process of getting file information and adding it to anidb are separate, so if the initial add failed it won't appear on the website.

I probably need a FORCE ADD option at the series level so that it can be sync'ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom