My Anime 3 (8 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have been having playback issues since I started using MA3 and MP. I posted the below thread in General Help and was told it was the plugins fault and to post in that thread. Please see copied thread I have also attached a few log files from last night for review:
-Sayajin

Can you confirm that the problems happen playing the same files in other plugins? e.g. Videos, mp-tvseries?

Lwerndly, would there be any chance of compatibility with MP-Extended?
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/add-support-for-my-anime-3.115605/#post-954592

Yes the issue is here
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=186

I have begun prototyping it, but will come back to it later

Sayajin

Portal Member
October 6, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I actually tried it last night with all plugins disabled except for MA3 and still had the same crashing issue. I have attached the logs from yesterday with MA3 only enabled. I hope this sheds some light.

-Sayajin

Sayajin

Portal Member
October 6, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So it appears that I managed to fix my playback issues. I ended up doing a complete uninstall deleting all registry entries and then doing a clean reinstall of MP 1.3 and leaving all settings for the most part to default and only installing the MA3 plugin and it appears to have fixed my playback issues. I will continue to do some testing to determine where the problem was.

In the mean time, I have 2 quick issues that are simple I am sure, but I cant seem to figure out that I noticed once I upgraded to 1.3. Using 1.2 and Avalon Skin, when I watched a file the name became greyed out so it was obvious that it had been watched. However using Default Wide in 1.3, it doesnt grey out the names and there is also no icon next to the individual file names to show watched in MA3. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to get this to happen?

Also, when I start 1.3 MA3 does not display on the home screen even though I have selected it to be displayed there under Plugin Settings. I have to open the side bar and click "Root Menu" in order for it to display. Where can I go to make MA3 show up on the initial home screen?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

-Sayajin

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Using 1.2 and Avalon Skin, when I watched a file the name became greyed out so it was obvious that it had been watched. However using Default Wide in 1.3, it doesnt grey out the names and there is also no icon next to the individual file names to show watched in MA3. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to get this to happen?

This is the usual skin settings for Default/DefaultWide.
MP-Tvseries is the same.

Also, when I start 1.3 MA3 does not display on the home screen even though I have selected it to be displayed there under Plugin Settings. I have to open the side bar and click "Root Menu" in order for it to display. Where can I go to make MA3 show up on the initial home screen?

If you have your skin set to "Classic" then it will show there. When using "Basic" it will not.
Depending on the skin you can use the skin editor to add it to the home menu.

FireAza

Portal Pro
June 30, 2011
Just installed the new version of MediaPortal with My Anime 3 and JMM! I've found this annoying issue though, tvdb won't allow more than one series to be linked to the same season of the same series. Anidb treats specials as separate series, while tvdb treats all specials as "season 0", which is a problem for anime that have multiple specials.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Just installed the new version of MediaPortal with My Anime 3 and JMM! I've found this annoying issue though, tvdb won't allow more than one series to be linked to the same season of the same series. Anidb treats specials as separate series, while tvdb treats all specials as "season 0", which is a problem for anime that have multiple specials.

This issue is already tracked here
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=192

You can see a possible work-around in the comments until the full fix is done.

FireAza

Portal Pro
June 30, 2011
You mean the part where it says "assign per episode links"? How do I do that? I can't use the "override TVDB link" option since I haven't assigned a link yet.

Also, what's the best way to assign unrecognized titles? The "episode range" options works OK, but if it's a series of specials, well, that doesn't work, since that option only assigns to main episodes.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
You mean the part where it says "assign per episode links"? How do I do that? I can't use the "override TVDB link" option since I haven't assigned a link yet.

Also, what's the best way to assign unrecognized titles? The "episode range" options works OK, but if it's a series of specials, well, that doesn't work, since that option only assigns to main episodes.

Sorry, yeah you won't be able to do it yet, since my validation would block you assigning the same TvDB series/season combination to more than one anime series.

For the second part are you referring to manual linking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom