My Anime 3 (4 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I like the software, but I have a couple of issues.

1) MyAnime3 is not showing in the home group of the titan skin, but does when I move it to the addon section.

2) How do you setup utorrent in the downloads section of MyAnime3, I enter my IP addy and port number and it keeps on coming up with "connection failed", why would I need to use a username and password with utorrent? If that is the problem.

1) In MP Config -> Plugins - Right click on MA3 and select "Listed in Home"
This will only work if you have set you GUI to Classic (Not basic)

2) http://code.google.com/p/jmm/wiki/User_Manual_Downloads

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Hello again (after a while), for the past few days I've been trying to solve one categorization problem. I am currently using JMM Server 3.1.31.0 and JMM Desktop 3.1.28.0. The TV series in question is Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu [AniDB]. This series consists of two releases -- 14 episodes in year 2006 and re-broadcast of these 14 episodes + 14 new episodes in year 2009 (check Wikipedia here). I have the 2009 version based on filenames on my HDD and their order. The exact filenames on my HDD are following:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 01 The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi I [Yuki] [4F7894C1].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 02 The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi II [Yuki] [9010EDC0].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 03 The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi III [Yuki] [F72D7650].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 04 The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi IV [Yuki] [0DF6A760].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 05 The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi V [Yuki] [B2662FB1].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 06 The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi VI [Yuki] [93AB9CE8].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 07 The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi [Yuki] [E24AE3A9].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 08 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody [Mazui] [3BC49230].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 09 Mysterique Sign [Yuki] [458E3108].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 10 Remote Island Syndrome I [Yuki] [C009249B].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 11 Remote Island Syndrome II [Yuki] [7871D839].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 12 Endless Eight Loop#1 [Mazui] [7D63A7E9].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 13 Endless Eight Loop#15,498 [Mazui] [1A626E19].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 14 Endless Eight Loop#15,499 [Mazui] [612B3315].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 15 Endless Eight Loop#15,513 [Mazui] [1742E1FE].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 16 Endless Eight Loop#15,521 [Mazui] [83A8D779].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 17 Endless Eight Loop#15,524 [Mazui] [03182E33].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 18 Endless Eight Loop#15,527 [Mazui] [951AE733].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 19 Endless Eight Loop#15,532 [Mazui] [2A03440B].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 20 The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi I [Mazui] [41085530].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 21 The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi II [Mazui] [CCF0A54C].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 22 The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi III [Mazui] [78F0EED6].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 23 The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi IV [Mazui] [3ED61B0C].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 24 The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi V [Mazui] [D3B3FA63].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 25 The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru [Hitsuji] [916D0B31].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 26 Live Alive [Hitsuji] [30E383D5].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 27 The Day of Sagittarius [Hitsuji] [19F53A07].mkv
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 28 Someday in the Rain [Hitsuji] [470DE982].mkv

When I import this TV series into MyAnime 3, I am left with splitted files into two different series. Four episodes are put in 2006 version while the other 14 episodes are ine the correct 2009 version. What's more, the 2009 version has some strange thumbnails and description despite the fact that the link points correctly to AniDB's page [AniDB #6367]. Please see the following screenshots so you can see what I am talking about.
hahiru1.png hahiru2.png hahiru3.png hahiru4.png

My question is: How do I repair this?
I could not find any way of telling MyAnime 3 to consider all files to be TV series X or something to this effect. I am not even sure this is a problem with MyAnime 3. However, AniDB shows correct information as does TheTVDB [click], so I don't understand, why is the series being put in two different folders when clearly there is enough information on the web (AniDB, TheTVDB) to categorize the series correctly.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

EDIT: Aha, I noticed that while the links of episodes are good, the TheTVDB link for the whole TV series (2009) points to Alice. So additional question: Can I tell MyAnime to use different link for TheTVDB? Deleteing the TV series and re-adding it doesn't produce different results.

Last edited:

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
EDIT: Aha, I noticed that while the links of episodes are good, the TheTVDB link for the whole TV series (2009) points to Alice. So additional question: Can I tell MyAnime to use different link for TheTVDB? Deleteing the TV series and re-adding it doesn't produce different results.

Yes, at the bottom of your first screenshot is a section called "TvDB and Other Links"
Click this and you will be able to select the correct TvDB series

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Iwerndly,

Is it somehow possible to permanently delete a Trakt/TVDB association via the MP Plugin?
    I have the problem that for some animes the server constantly links them to completely different (real life) series.
    Seems like the server is using them due to the fact that there are no appropriate entries available and is falling back to these (wrong) ones.
    Deleting the links helps only for a short time period, until the next import or so is running.

Maybe good would be if the plugin is able to evaluate the "Genre" entry in TVDB. Its normally set to "animation" (at least as far as I had checked)

Cheers,

Last edited:

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello Iwerndly,

Is it somehow possible to permanently delete a Trakt/TVDB association via the MP Plugin?
    I have the problem that for some animes the server constantly links them to completely different (real life) series.
    Seems like the server is using them due to the fact that there are no appropriate entries available and is falling back to these (wrong) ones.
    Deleting the links helps only for a short time period, until the next import or so is running.

Cheers,

Yes there is a toggle button in the "TvDB links" section called "Auto Link"
    Toggle that to off, and it will no longer add a link during the next import

zoom

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Yes, at the bottom of your first screenshot is a section called "TvDB and Other Links"
    Click this and you will be able to select the correct TvDB series
    Hello, thank you for the advice. I somehow missed those options "somewhere down below". I was able to tell MyAnime 3 to change the TV series to my liking, however those 4 episodes, that I wrote about earlier, kept still popping up in the 2006 version of Haruhi Suzumiya. I could not find the option to tell a single file (not the whole series), that it belonged to somewhere else (I don't think Manual Linking is the correct tool for this). I tried deleting, refreshing, disabling auto-linking, etc, but nothing helped.

Then I found the problem. These four episodes were assigned to the 2006 version in AniDB's database. Someone obviously took the known files from 2006 version and just renamed them to match the 2009 version.

So I just obtained another, slightly better version of this TV series and the problem was gone. With these new files (and their hashes), the whole TV series was properly recognized as the 2009 version. Now everything is as it's supposed to be:
    hahiru5.png

Thanks again!

Rhym

Portal Member
    March 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The last few days I've been having problems getting files recognized (they hash correctly I believe). I dragged a file to my dump dir and c/p the log entry

[2013-04-15 08:36:48:311] Info|BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart => BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork => MainWindow.workerFileEvents_DoWork New file created: E:\#Torrentbin\#dump\[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 02 [720p].mkv: Created
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:322] Info|BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork => CommandProcessorHasher.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessCommand Hashing File: E:\#Torrentbin\#dump\[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 02 [720p].mkv
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:349] Warn|CommandProcessorHasher.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessCommand => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessFile_LocalInfo Deleting duplicate video file record
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:349] Warn|CommandProcessorHasher.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessCommand => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessFile_LocalInfo ---------------------------------------------
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:349] Warn|CommandProcessorHasher.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessCommand => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessFile_LocalInfo Keeping record for: E:\#Torrentbin\#dump\[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 02 [720p].mkv
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:349] Warn|CommandProcessorHasher.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessCommand => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessFile_LocalInfo Deleting record for: E:\#Torrentbin\#dump\dump again!\[HorribleSubs] Suisei no Gargantia - 02 [720p].mkv
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:349] Warn|CommandProcessorHasher.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessCommand => CommandRequest_HashFile.ProcessFile_LocalInfo ---------------------------------------------
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:423] Info|BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork => CommandProcessorGeneral.workerCommands_DoWork => CommandRequest_ProcessFile.ProcessCommand Processing File: 9373
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:522] Error|AniDBHelper.Login => AniDBCommand_Login.Process => AniDBUDPCommand.ProcessCommand System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: remoteEP
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, EndPoint remoteEP)
    at AniDBAPI.Commands.AniDBUDPCommand.ProcessCommand(Socket& soUDP, IPEndPoint& remoteIpEndPoint, String sessionID, Encoding enc) in C:\Projects\SVN\JMM\trunk\JMMServer\JMMServer\AniDB_API\Commands\AniDBUDPCommand.cs:line 105
    [2013-04-15 08:36:48:522] Error|AniDBHelper.Login => AniDBCommand_Login.Process => AniDBUDPCommand.ProcessCommand System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: remoteEP
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, EndPoint& remoteEP)
    at AniDBAPI.Commands.AniDBUDPCommand.ProcessCommand(Socket& soUDP, IPEndPoint& remoteIpEndPoint, String sessionID, Encoding enc) in C:\Projects\SVN\JMM\trunk\JMMServer\JMMServer\AniDB_API\Commands\AniDBUDPCommand.cs:line 123

Now the first part is obviously the hashing, its already been hashed blah blah. After that I'm not so sure, so I'd like some input on what the problem might be. Seems like there might be some problem logging in to anidb?

*edit* JMM Server is fully updated. And everything has been working flawlessly for months until a few days ago.

*SOLVED* Should have tried it earlier, but a restart of JMM Server seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there. I'm new to My Anime & I must say, very nicely done!

One little thing I saw: In 1.3 Final the 2 very top headings are in the incorrect font. This displayed correctly in 1.3beta.

Also I you browse to the Missing Episodes menu item, It does not display the missing episodes unless you go to options & turn off 'show only available episodes', but then it also displays missing episodes in the other menus.

Cheerz
    Hein

PS: I'm using Titan

Also: How do I get MP to display the English names for my Anime. I set English as my preferred language in JMM Desktop's AniDB Settings & It displays correctly in JMM Desktop, but I can find no such setting in MP Config

Last edited:

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I've asked before. But is there any way to get anime movies to work with Trakt? For example if I add the 1995 Ghost In The Shell movie it auto links Trakt to the series and not the movie. This actually does this for a quite a few anime movies I have :( I guess the plugin is mostly for ova series and normal series :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom