My Anime 3 (3 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
@lwerndly

Duno if you are still actively supporting MyAnime3 or if real life gives you no time anymore.
My issue is still giving me a headache. Since mp 1.4.0 the crashes occur more or less randomly (every 2nd or 3rd played file) either after playing an anime or leaving for mp main menu.

As I have seen so far no report by other users, I presume I am the only one. But even making a full clean install of windows (during a switch from Win 7 to 8.1) and mp (1.6.0) with complete db build up does not help. Crashes occur still.
I have seen that there is a new version 3.3.32.3 available as source but do not know if it makes sense to try this version nor how to compile it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Hi yhoogi, yes very busy with real life at the moment.
I have had a look at your problem a few times, and just can't reproduce the error.

The only thing I can think of is to try the following.
1. Try using English as the system language (unlikely to help)
2. Try a new MA3 database with just a few files
3. Try different skins

The changes you mention for 3.3.32.3, were done by someone else and will be released eventually (those changes are to support plex)

I'm hoping to get back into development soon, and start sorting through a long list of issues

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi yhoogi, yes very busy with real life at the moment.
    I have had a look at your problem a few times, and just can't reproduce the error.

The only thing I can think of is to try the following.
    1. Try using English as the system language (unlikely to help)
    2. Try a new MA3 database with just a few files
    3. Try different skins

The changes you mention for 3.3.32.3, were done by someone else and will be released eventually (those changes are to support plex)

I'm hoping to get back into development soon, and start sorting through a long list of issues

Hi Iwerndly,

Thanks for the response.
    1&3: I already tried.
    For 2: I rebuild the DB from scratch after making a fresh install of Win 8.1.
    Tried even to go from MySQL (5.6) to MS SQL (2008); problem still appearing
    But I didn't tried it with a small DB.
    Any reason for the small DB, or just to have faster results?

As I am the only one, I have to consider that something is wrong in the residual common elements; i.e. the HW.
    (Mainboard / CPU; RAM has been switched).
    There I will have to wait until the new Haswells are out. So will have to live with this problem for the next ~2 months.

Again, thanks a lot for the help

Cheers,

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sayajin

Portal Member
    October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, So I am having issues playing/selecting Saki Episode of Side A. When I try to play either the original Saki or Side A in Media Portal, it crashes. When I use JM Desktop to try and select Saki Episode of Side A it gives the error "objrd[DOUBLEPOST=1395519275][/DOUBLEPOST]So I am having problems watching/selecting Saki and Saki Episode of Side A. When I try to play either one in Media Portal the application crashes. When I try to select Saki Episode of Side A in JM Desktop, it gives the error : "object reference not set to the instance of an object" This is the only time I have ever seen this error. I have tried deleting the series in JM Desktop and having it redetect it. I have tried separating all of the Saki series into different groups and get the same problem each time. Has anyone else run across this? I have literally hundreds upon hundreds of series and have never run into this before. I have also attached a log for review. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Sayajin

Stsin

April 6, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I try to select Saki Episode of Side A in JM Desktop, it gives the error : "object reference not set to the instance of an object" This is the only time I have ever seen this error. I have tried deleting the series in JM Desktop and having it redetect it. I have tried separating all of the Saki series into different groups and get the same problem each time. Has anyone else run across this? I have literally hundreds upon hundreds of series and have never run into this before. I have also attached a log for review. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Sayajin

I also get that error, but only with Saki Episode of Side A. I don't have any problems playing the original Saki series. I have both series combined in one group named Saki. Also tried deleting and re-adding Side A. Haven't tested with MediaPortal since haven't upgraded that yet. I just upgraded to JMM...took forever.

I'm relieved someone else is having a similar problem and it's just with Saki.

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hm - is there an issue since April? Have several series like captain Earth which are not found and when I try to ad them manually via new series over the desktop app I can't see it in the slection context?

misakitchi

April 26, 2014
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello!
    I really love your JMM Server! But i have few problems with it...

With the last version v3.1.32: after 4-5 minutes JMM use almost 100% CPU!!
    with version v3.1.17 i have not this bug but its a old version...

With process explorer i can see that thread with mscorwks.dll is very high! (CPU)

I use SQL2008 but i try with MySQL too

i have Windows 7 64bits french

Is there source files? i want to try to compile myself

Thx for your help! :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hm - is there an issue since April? Have several series like captain Earth which are not found and when I try to ad them manually via new series over the desktop app I can't see it in the slection context?

Captain Earth (Horrible Subs release) gets recognized instantly here, which release are you using and what's the filename?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom