My Anime 3 (4 Viewers)

evilking

Portal Member
May 17, 2009
Hey there,

I recently installed MyAnime with JMM and imported most of my collection. However I still have a couple of problems and I was wondering if you guys have an idea:

- JMM is unable to find some episodes even though they are right there on my NAS. In the series it marks those as missing but they don't show up as 'unknown' files. Maybe, but I'm not sure, this is because of a long path name? One of the files is something like Z:\Multimedia\Anime\Anime Series Complete\Rurouni Kenshin [OGM, XviD, Dual Audio]\[a-s]_Rurouni_Kenshin_E37_to_E54_[DVD3]_[OGM]\#DVD3#\[a-s]_rurouni_kenshin_41_-_the_ultimate_technique_of_the_hiten_mitsurugi_style__[ma]debito_dvd-rip__[5bbe502b].mkv ..... Which is ridiculously long.
But I don't know how to manually point JMM to that specific file. So specifying " this missing episode, link to this file > browse share > add" or something similar. Running the import on just that folder doesn't force the file to show up either.

- One of my episodes is shown as missing, but only because the file was automatically and incorrectly linked to another episode. Specifically, JMM thinks that Vampire Princess Miyu Ep 04 is ep 03, so it has linked FILE 04 with EP 03. Then I manually linked FILE03 as well, which was somehow unknown. However, now EP03 has 2 files while EP04 has none. But I can only break the link to the file I added manualy, so EP03. I can not remove the link with the previous one which JMM linked all by itself even though that is the wrong file.

- I also have 1-2 shows that aren't technically anime but I still have (e.g. The Chronicles of Riddick - Dark Fury). I'd like to create something like a 'stub' anime without a link to Anidb but it seems when I create a new group it only allows adding eps based on an AnidB ID?

So
1. How can I manually point JMM to the correct or missing file on a network share when it is overlooked by the import?
2. How can I unlink files from episodes that JMM matched incorrectly by itself?
3. Can you create stub series and eps that don't have an anidb link?

Last edited:

Andy22

Portal Member
September 10, 2011
Hi,

i wonder if it is possible to use Firebird as DB backend? It has ADO bindings and a server as well as a embedded version. The advantage is that u can switch from server to embedded without code changes. It's also faster than SQLite, while easier to install and resource friendlier than MySQL.

Andy22

Portal Member
September 10, 2011
Is the JMM server webcache down? I can ping the ip, but the server will still hash locally? I did check the settings and "file hashes" are on, the files also already got hashed and send to the wbcache, since i just did a reimport because i could not convert the database to a new format.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,

<snip>

1. How can I manually point JMM to the correct or missing file on a network share when it is overlooked by the import?
    2. How can I unlink files from episodes that JMM matched incorrectly by itself?
    3. Can you create stub series and eps that don't have an anidb link?

Did you tried JMM Desktop?

1) To my knowledge every video file is shown in the unrecognised section. if it is not there most likely the path/name exceed the windows limits. Did you tried to shorten the file?
    2) Use JMM desktop and break the correlation in the collection list. afterwards it should be shown as unrecognised
    3) no - only AnimeDB series and eps can be recognised (has ben claridied somewhere in this thread by Iwerndly)

Cheers,

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Did you tried JMM Desktop?
    1) To my knowledge every video file is shown in the unrecognised section. if it is not there most likely the path/name exceed the windows limits. Did you tried to shorten the file?
    2) Use JMM desktop and break the correlation in the collection list. afterwards it should be shown as unrecognised
    3) no - only AnimeDB series and eps can be recognised (has ben claridied somewhere in this thread by Iwerndly)

Cheers,

Yes, I was working from JMM desktop:
    1. This I still have to try.
    2. As I said: it seems I can't do this: when I go to the series from JMM desktop, I can only break the links of eps that were added manually, not those that were added automatically during the import. Or do you mean by some other way, like breaking the links from the whole series at once? How can I do this?
    3. OK ^^;

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems like it is not possible anymore to force a different entry in case the hash is matched; unless you manipulate the DB directly via an editor

So far I didn't observe that hashing has a bug. Did you checked the hash-values against the corresponding AnimeDB entries?
    (you see them in the collection list / episodes / more info)
    If the entry is wrong in AnimeDB you have to apply there for correction

Last resort is to remux the files and force due to an unrecognised hash value a manual entry

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    OK, I see, thanks. I'll think about what to do; maybe I'll remux the files as you say. Depending on how much work it is I might also just leave it this way; it's only a couple of episdes acting weird and I can always watch those just via de Videos menu in MP.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @lwerndly

Duno if you are still actively supporting MyAnime3 or if real life gives you no time anymore.
    My issue is still giving me a headache. Since mp 1.4.0 the crashes occur more or less randomly (every 2nd or 3rd played file) either after playing an anime or leaving for mp main menu.

As I have seen so far no report by other users, I presume I am the only one. But even making a full clean install of windows (during a switch from Win 7 to 8.1) and mp (1.6.0) with complete db build up does not help. Crashes occur still.
    I have seen that there is a new version 3.3.32.3 available as source but do not know if it makes sense to try this version nor how to compile it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    P.S.
    As the logs are not giving any info at all, I post the two error messages from the event viewer:
    Its a NET Runtime Error 1026
    [collapse]

- System
    - Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime
    - EventID 1026
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2014-02-26T18:40:36.000000000Z
    EventRecordID 4847
    Channel Application
    Computer Nestor
    Security
    - EventData

Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe
    Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
    Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
    Ausnahmeinformationen: System.InvalidOperationException
    Stapel:
    bei System.Collections.ArrayList+ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
    bei MediaPortalApp.Main(System.String[])

- System
    - Provider

[ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 100
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2014-02-26T18:40:36.000000000Z
    EventRecordID 4848
    Channel Application
    Computer Nestor
    Security
    - EventData

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.6.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x52b77bd2
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.3.9600.16496, Zeitstempel: 0x52b3e015
    Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
    Fehleroffset: 0x00012eec
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1cac
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cf331e92647765
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Berichtskennung: 7ae122cf-9f15-11e3-826a-bcaec5dea0c8
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

[/collapse]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom