My Anime 3 (3 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will try to reproduce here as it seems to be calling previous menu in a loop, during tests here it was fine with both settings so probably it doesn't account for something yet.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached new version with a possible fix for loop, couldn't reproduce it so far.

32bit version is normal as Mediaportal isn't a 64 bit program :) , basic home setting has a fallback option and we catch all errors there so it has to be loop that is overloading Mediaportal.

Now for the home button part I'm not sure why it isn't working for the MCE button and no more receiver here for testing, could you try and emulate like so:

test_home-png.185377

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.7.0.12_V2.mpe1
      16.7 MB
    Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Rick164 ... first of all - a happy new year!

As MP2 is availibel now - did you had any chance to have a look at the MP2 plugin part?

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @pur_berger Happy New Year to you too :D

We are still discussing this but main priority will most likely be ShokoDesktop V2 (complete rework) as we lack the developers to do both at the same time, that said the code could be largely compatible with an MP2 plugin at that point but hard to tell yet as we have yet to begin :)

Once MA3 is in a good place (getting there) we will feature freeze it for the time being and only do fixes / maintenance from that point to focus our efforts in other areas.
    @wizard123 plugin support for the new Ares skin would be very nice if time permits of course :) , not sure if we have some basis from others you could re-use as that might make it a lot easier.

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Happy New Year to all.

I set up the key emulation as so:
    TestHome.jpg

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Rick164, but I believe that the ACTION_HOME action is not to get to the home screen but to get to the top of whatever list you're viewing:
    TestHome2.jpg

To get to the home screen, the correct action is ACTION_SWITCH_HOME:
    TestHome3.jpg

Well I set it up and tried it with the latest test build. I first tried it with my other plugins: Infoservice, Moving Pictures, Videos, etc. Pressing the '$' key on my keyboard brought me to the top of the list in those plugins. The 'H' key on the keyboard, or the home button on the remote, brought me to the home screen.

Then I tried it with MA3. Pressing the '$' key on my keyboard immediately brought me to the home screen. The results are in the first log file below.

Next I set up another key emulation where I assigned ACTION_SWITCH_HOME to the '%' key. When I tried it in my various plugins, it immediately brought me to the home screen. When I tried it in MA3, pressing the '%' key brought up a search box but also brought me to the home screen. Results are in the second log below.

I tested this with the "Home button navigates back..." button both checked and unchecked with the same results.

Also, that infinite loop bug seems to be fixed.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah that explains why the top buttons are SWITCH_HOME and not ACTION_HOME, never knew that so you're indeed right :)
    At the moment we catch both ACTION_HOME and SWITCH_HOME so long as no filter is active and not triggered by H key (as it would mess with filtering):

https://github.com/japanesemediaman...er/MyAnimePlugin3/Windows/MainWindow.cs#L2465

So in theory that should make your MCE home button already work unless that is sending the H key along with it, reason why you see the short search box on emulated % key is because at first it will get that and try to filter (key_send action) but also gets a SWITCH_HOME event at the same time which triggers the go to home screen request / message :)

Played a bit with the EventGhostPlus plugin + message sender, for some reason called start there that but does produce the same home event:

EG_home.PNG

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @wizard123 plugin support for the new Ares skin would be very nice if time permits of course :) , not sure if we have some basis from others you could re-use as that might make it a lot easier.
    Happy to, could you supply me with the latest version compatible with MP1.16 and if possible a populated database ?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @wizard123 great :) (y) , latest version attached as it contains some bug fixes which will be part of official release soon and can find Shoko Server here:

http://jmediamanager.org/downloads/

Would need MyAnime3 and ShokoServer installed for a basic setup and:

- AniDB account
    - Some folder with at least one Anime video file but we can hopefully supply you with a filled database

@ElementalCrisis do we have an populated sqlite database with some images by any chance for testing?
    Only have MSSQL setup here so can't copy that one over easily.

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.7.0.14.mpe1
      16.7 MB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seems the rating dialog was broken for a while now so just fixed that for all the supported skins and can now also manually rate a series from context menu, will be part of upcoming release :)
    Did have to make it a 1-10 star system without .5 half stars as it required new images per skin otherwise.

Also added a new log out option under "Switch user" if you don't want to leave MA3 always accessible ;)

Last edited:

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well this is an interesting development.

At the moment we catch both ACTION_HOME and SWITCH_HOME...

I decided to take a look at what exactly my remote does when I press the home button. Keep in mind that I had never changed the remote buttons mapping before. I had always used the default settings in MediaPortal. I looked at it and saw this:
    Set1.JPG

So then I changed it to this:
    Set2.JPG

And now the home button works in MyAnime3! (y)

I don't understand much about how these things work. It seems there is a difference between ACTION_SWITCH_HOME and Window "Home". Does the plugin detect only the former and not the latter?

Also, the link for downloading the latest test build (3.7.0.14) doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else able to download it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom