My Anime 3 (2 Viewers)

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
September 4, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

My experience with MediaPortal is still at the beginner levels but lets see if I can help. @Rick164 is the the MediaPortal master. :)

First Issue
Not really an issue, I just forgot to update the AssemblyInfo file, I've updated it for when 3.7 is actually released.

Second Issue

upload_2016-12-24_2-39-5.png

I can reproduce and have opened an issue on Git so we can track.
https://github.com/japanesemediamanager/MyAnime3/issues/65

Third issue
I don't have a means to reproduce so feel free to create an issue on Git with the steps how and any additional information.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Missing labels might be server related as I couldn't reproduce this during testing but will see if I can spot the error today :)

Third issue: Pressing the Home button on the remote from within MA3 does not return to the Home screen. This only happens within MA3.

Will fix as this has to do with the way we handle keyboard commands, will need to exclude the home button.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm home button seems by design, basically does the same as with OnlineVideos (returns to previous window).
    However will make this an optional setting so people can decide if they want to use it.

// Update

Reported issues fixed for both label and home button and will make it into next release.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @2.0 Attached early test build which is confirmed to fix your issues, version number not bumped yet.
    Home button we need to test out and is available as a new MA3 setting under Display tab.

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.7.0.0.mpe1
      16.7 MB

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    Thanks for the new test build. I have given it a quick test.

The missing info problem seems to be fixed. Thanks to Rick164 and anyone else involved in working on this.

However the home button issue is now worse. Pressing the home button still does nothing, plus now the back button does not let me get to the home screen. There is no way to exit the MA3 plugin at all. I tried the new Home Button Setting in MP Options, both checked and unchecked, with the same results.

I will be happy to try out any more test builds until a stable version can be established.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the new test build. I have given it a quick test.

The missing info problem seems to be fixed. Thanks to Rick164 and anyone else involved in working on this.

However the home button issue is now worse. Pressing the home button still does nothing, plus now the back button does not let me get to the home screen. There is no way to exit the MA3 plugin at all. I tried the new Home Button Setting in MP Options, both checked and unchecked, with the same results.

I will be happy to try out any more test builds until a stable version can be established.

Can't reproduce that yet with StreamedMP, could you attach the MyAnime3.log and Mediaportal.log located here:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

Also what skin are you using?

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    Also what skin are you using?
    I'm using StreamedMP, same as you.

I noticed something else strange. In the MyAnime3 configuration, the "Home button navigates back..." checkbox does not stay checked. I check the box, close the MA3 config window, click "OK" on the MP Config, but when I reopen MA3 config the box is unchecked again. I've tried changing other options in MA3 config and all those other changes stay as I put them. This is the only box that won't stay checked.

Log files are below. Here are the steps I took:
    1. Went into MP Config. Opened MA3 Config, checked the "Home button navigates back..." box. Closed MA3 config, clicked "OK" on MP config.
    2. Started MediaPortal, went into MyAnime plugin. Navigated through my collection a bit.
    3. Pressed the Home button on the remote a few times, nothing happened.
    4. Pressed the back button on the remote until I got to the MyAnime main screen. Pressed the back button a few more times, nothing happened (I was stuck on that screen and could not exit the plugin.)
    5. Killed MediaPortal.exe with the Task Manager since there was no other way to exit.

Edit: I just remembered something else. I don't know if this makes a difference but I had previously tried MyAnime version 3.6.10. It gave me the same problem with the Home button but the back button worked properly.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, gonna fix asap :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @2.0

Attached test version, checked our home button navigation and the reason why it does this is to not conflict with filtering / searching however found a way around this without messing with Mediaportal internal navigation too much.

This will log a lot more including key text so we can check if filters work and if the SWITCH_HOME command does indeed get triggered, if you could do the following steps that would be great:

- Open MyAnime3 configuration and make sure "Home button navigates back instead of going to home screen" setting is un-ticked, close MyAnime3 configuration window as it will save correctly now.
    - Start up Mediaportal and navigate a bit in MyAnime3, try to navigate back home and post MyAnime3.log afterwards.

Remember that it will log everything you type in the MyAnime3 window including any pin / pass you setup for your Shoko user so clear that out if necessary :)

// Update

Reworked this part of the code some more as I found a good example in the IR Server Suite plugin, if tested successfully will be the next official release.
    What I can't get working is the top Home button in StreamedMP as that event is outside of the scope we can process but will look at some more options for that.

"Home button navigates back instead of going to home screen" un-ticked

- If filter / search window not open will navigate to home
    - Listens to normal Home button and H key, H key will conflict if first key press during initial filter and no way around this afaik.

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.7.0.10.mpe1
      16.7 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom