My Anime 3 (1 Viewer)

ramyad

Portal Pro
November 21, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is a GREAT update to MyAnime2, well done and thank you for spending the time to put it together.

I'm still trying to get my collections setup. I do have a problem that I have not been able to solve. I have a file that is incorrectly linked to an episode. It actual belongs to a series and episode that does not exist. So how do I unlink a file to an episode and then have it appear in the utilities section? I don't want to delete the series as other files have linked correctly. I basically want to link it manually.

I've gone to the Episodes tab in the collection section and I have expanded the episode to see the file that is incorrectly linked but there is no button to unlink. There is a delete button but that will delete the file too.

Also, is there a way of getting a list of each of my folder\filenames and then which series and episode they have been automatically linked to?

Thanks again for this update!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry you can't import from MA2 to Ma3.
You can only migrate the manual links between files and episodes

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm still trying to get my collections setup. I do have a problem that I have not been able to solve. I have a file that is incorrectly linked to an episode. It actual belongs to a series and episode that does not exist. So how do I unlink a file to an episode and then have it appear in the utilities section? I don't want to delete the series as other files have linked correctly. I basically want to link it manually.

Do you mean the series and episode doesn't exist in your collection?
JMM doesn't allow manual linking of files that appear on AniDB. Are you saying that the file has been placed into a series/episode which it shouldn't have been.

If so it needs to be corrected on AniDB.
Often files will be incorrectly linked on AniDB and then corrected later. If this has happened you can press the "Update Info" button for the file in the episodes list

ramyad

Portal Pro
November 21, 2011
Home Country

Do you mean the series and episode doesn't exist in your collection?
JMM doesn't allow manual linking of files that appear on AniDB. Are you saying that the file has been placed into a series/episode which it shouldn't have been.

If so it needs to be corrected on AniDB.
Often files will be incorrectly linked on AniDB and then corrected later. If this has happened you can press the "Update Info" button for the file in the episodes list

I have sent message on this.

Quick question, how do I get JMM Server to automatically start when MediaPortal starts, or Windows, because when I go into my Anime link in MP, it says JMM Server is not runnind and I have to exit and start it manually.

I think I missed that explanation if provided.

Thanks.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia

ramyad

Portal Pro
November 21, 2011
Home Country
Quick question, how do I get JMM Server to automatically start when MediaPortal starts, or Windows, because when I go into my Anime link in MP, it says JMM Server is not runnind and I have to exit and start it manually.

There is nothing built into JMM Server, but you can just use the windows Start functionality
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Run-a-program-automatically-when-Windows-starts

Thanks, I was concerned that adding to Startup folder would open the application in a window. It does not and starts silently.

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
What could be causing this:

Plugin Manger
An error occurred while loading the plugin
MyAnimePlugin3.MainWindow.
It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded

I had the plugin work originally but only for a short test. Now I always get the above error message.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled, am on the latest version (3.1.2.0) and MediaPortal 1.2.3
Is this as I suspect a problem with MediaPortal? Any ideas on how to remedy this?

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I was betting on it being a borked install of MediaPortal but, I just tried it out on my other system with a fresh install of MP and still no go.
After installing My Anime 3 it shows up in MediaPortal configuration plugins but on running config again I get the incompatible message.
Attached is the only log produced after it's gone wrong. I may have to try again on a third system and catch the log that includes the plugin working initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom