My Anime 3 (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yes my Htpc has always run the latest version of MP and is quite stable, the other two are family computers which I used purely for testing, they don't normally use nor ever have had MP installed. Quite strangely the third (last) system I used is now working, after a complete uninstall/reinstall of MP, and I've been fucking with all types of settings trying to get it to fail again to no avail. I hope my supplied logs can throw some light on it.

Also I forgot to ask for those having these issues. have you updated to the latest version of JMM Server?

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Server is up to date and server/destop works a treat except for having to disable the firewall.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have released updates for JMM Server, JMM Desktop and MA3.
All available via auto updated or MPEI

The MA3 update might not fix the issue, but hopefully should provide more logging of the error

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks, I noticed the updates but can't report if they fixed anything as I had already managed to get mine running after two uninstalls/reinstalls of MP.
I still wasn't able to install the plugin automatically via MPEI. Each time I have needed to run MPEI as admistrator via the context menu and then point it at a downloaded version of the plugin. MPEI does ask for admin' right's when opened normally but doesn't seem to work properly.
Hope the extra logging you have enabled will throw some light on it when/if MP rejects the plugin again.

KwizatZ

Portal Member
August 14, 2010
Home Country
France France
Hello lwerndly, thanks for this huge work, I'm really pleased to see how far you have brought this project :)

otherwise after some tests on functionalities I'm attached to, I've added an issue (#198) for MAL updates:
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=198

if you need help for this particular issue or to code the FFDshow postprocessing from MyAnime2 (as it's a functionality I'm waiting for before migrate to JMM and MyAnime3), I would be pleased to help you ;)

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Hello again lwerndly, I would like to continue where I left off yesterday. So to your questions:
1) Regarding the support for Maya skin (Issue 194), this might be a bit pre-mature. I found out that the team is working on the new Maya HD skin here. It looks like Maya HD is the newer and updated version of Maya. I am not sure, if it will replace Maya or those two will exist alongside each other. However, old Maya has not received any update in a long time, so it might be wise to wait how things turn out, or just reclassify the Issue 194 to Maya HD.

2) I am not really sure where to check those MAL links. If it is on the Collection tab in JMM Desktop, then look at the next point.

3) One more bug I found: When I connect with JMM Desktop to JMM Server, then go to Collection tab and double click on All filter on the left or try to search for something in the search bar at the top, JMM Desktop crashes.
JMMDesktop.png
I am also attaching corresponding logs from JMM Desktop and Server. I did nothing else than delete old logs, then connected with Desktop to Server and doubleclicked the All filter on the Collections tab.
Should you need any other logs or have me try something, just let me know (perhaps an application dump from the crashed process?).

Attachments

• JMMServer.txt
    864 bytes
  • JMMDesktop.txt
    3 KB

Argai

Portal Member
January 1, 2012
Iwerndly, thanks for your replay. The files I have are all downloaded years ago. I understand it is not needed to add these files to anidb to get the correct info. No problem here anymore.

I have been playing with the torrents download.
The webgui works, but I still have some problems/remarks
-- BakaBT does not work. I did reset the cookie, i even deleted everything with ccleaner. I took some torrents I know do exist on bakaBt and put these in the searchfield under downloads. (eg asura cryin, Kimi to Boku, Fairy tail) with Zero results

-- Nyaa en Tokyo gives always a ton of results, but the details are often wrong.
Kimo to Boku (you and I) gives the details of No longer human; fairy tail episodenr gives the details of Guin Saga or Shaman King or Rurouni kenshin
I don't know of the problem lies at the differend torrent sites or the uploaders give the wrong details.
It is not concistantly, Yesterday I downloaded 11eyes and got wrong details on these as well. The fileslist of the download was correct. After searching again on 11eyes, the details showed were correct.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I still wasn't able to install the plugin automatically via MPEI. Each time I have needed to run MPEI as admistrator via the context menu and then point it at a downloaded version of the plugin. MPEI does ask for admin' right's when opened normally but doesn't seem to work properly.

Ok, I always run in Admin mode, but will have a look at this.

otherwise after some tests on functionalities I'm attached to, I've added an issue (#198) for MAL updates:

if you need help for this particular issue or to code the FFDshow postprocessing from MyAnime2 (as it's a functionality I'm waiting for before migrate to JMM and MyAnime3), I would be pleased to help you

I have responded to the issue you created...
I already created an issue for FFDShow post processing if you want to track it
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=25

I didn't do the code for it in MA2, and basically had no idea of how to test it (so has been initially left out).
If you have any tips on getting it set up please PM me.

1) Regarding the support for Maya skin (Issue 194), ....

2) I am not really sure where to check those MAL links. If it is on the Collection tab in JMM Desktop, then look at the next point.

3) One more bug I found: When I connect with JMM Desktop to JMM Server, then go to Collection tab and double click on All filter on the left or try to search for something in the search bar at the top, JMM Desktop crashes.

1. Ok I will take a look to see what is happening. Maya HD is most likely

2. Yeah you can see the links when you view the series on the collection tab. See this issue for more info

3. Can you take a look at the Windows Event Viewer (Application log). It will probably have more info about what is happening.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
What are the odds of a iPad app for Jmm

The same as the odds of someone buying me a mac to develop it on :)

But seriously, I initially wanted to write one (as I have an iPad as well), and even went so far as to research consuming WCF services using ObjectiveC etc.
But there are other issues like how to stream and/or transcode MKV files with subtitle support etc. There are apps out there that do that, but not much I can plug into as far as I know.

On the other hand, the odds of me creating a Metro app for Windows 8 tablets is 100% ;)

I have been playing with the torrents download.
The webgui works, but I still have some problems/remarks
-- BakaBT does not work. I did reset the cookie, i even deleted everything with ccleaner. I took some torrents I know do exist on bakaBt and put these in the searchfield under downloads. (eg asura cryin, Kimi to Boku, Fairy tail) with Zero results

-- Nyaa en Tokyo gives always a ton of results, but the details are often wrong.
Kimo to Boku (you and I) gives the details of No longer human; fairy tail episodenr gives the details of Guin Saga or Shaman King or Rurouni kenshin
I don't know of the problem lies at the differend torrent sites or the uploaders give the wrong details.
It is not concistantly, Yesterday I downloaded 11eyes and got wrong details on these as well. The fileslist of the download was correct. After searching again on 11eyes, the details showed were correct.

Obviously you have you entered you BakaBT username and password in the settings if you can reset the cookie. When you pressed the Test and Save button, did it say it logged in successfully?
Could you restart JMM Desktop, try browsing BakaBT, and then attach your JMM Desktop log here?

If you are referring to the details that show down below the search results. This doesn't actually come from the torrent site.
It is actually just an attempt to search your local collection based on the name of the torrent. A lot of the time it will get it wrong, especially if you don't have that series in your collection. I should probably make this a bit clearer.
The reason it is there is so you can see what files you have locally (and by which sub groups) before you download a torrent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom