My Daily Comics Plugin (1 Viewer)

donpipo

Portal Pro
July 22, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Please can any member of the development group compile this plugin for working in MP 1.2 beta?

My wife asks me every day if we can watch the daily comic of Garfield.

Thank you.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I've worked on this but needed some motivation to proceed further and release :)

Anyhow, new version should be available in MPEI.

- version 0.2.6.0
    - added support for incremental (not date base comics)
    - fixed some bugs & improved some things

If you wanna use new feature (incremental comics, only Matakovic comic uses it for now) skin has to be updated (two new buttons, previos and next), Default skin is updated.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MPEI installed great. Thanks SE!

Was it your intention to have no background? I know there used to be one, but in new Default skins, it is no longer in common.window.xml, so no longer displays in Comics. It's not bad as it is, just a bit 'stark'

The main thing is that I cannot navigate to the new buttons even in Matakovic. Maybe I just don't understand what they are supposed to do? I assumed it was to go to next or previous available comic/date, since the select buttons already let you go to the next/previous comic/date but there isn't always one available. It's no big deal as the plugin still works as previously. Just reporting back :p

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi :)

I will take a look at background thing.

About prev/next buttons, they are enabled only in incremental comics. Thing is that matakovic isnt date based (comic image link cannot be calculated from date) but it has prev/next buttons on the page. The buttons in the skin mimic those buttons.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    About prev/next buttons, they are enabled only in incremental comics. Thing is that matakovic isnt date based (comic image link cannot be calculated from date) but it has prev/next buttons on the page. The buttons in the skin mimic those buttons.
    OK, but:
    In Default skins the buttons never become highlighted and I cannot focus them. In matakovic pressing down arrow on Date does not work, nor up arrow on Comic, nor trying to select with mouse. So I cannot change dates on matakovic. Is there something I have to do in Config? I noticed Matakovic is set to Date type in Config, does that matter?

BTW Peanuts has not worked for a while now. I think site changed and uses javascript now?

I got it kinda working with:
    <comic>
    <name>Peanuts</name>
    <url>http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/pe/[yyyy]/pe[yy][MM][dd].gif</url>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <banner>http://c0389161.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/dyn/str_comic/69.logo.large.gif</banner>
    <language>us</language>
    <type>date</type>
    <urltype>image</urltype>
    </comic>
    for previous dates, but current date uses
    <url>http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/pe/[yyyy]/pe[yy][MM][dd].jpg</url>

Any suggestions?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    OK, but:
    In Default skins the buttons never become highlighted and I cannot focus them. In matakovic pressing down arrow on Date does not work, nor up arrow on Comic, nor trying to select with mouse. So I cannot change dates on matakovic. Is there something I have to do in Config? I noticed Matakovic is set to Date type in Config, does that matter?

I have attached few screenshots to see how this works for me (I've already fixed background). Perhaps your MyDailyComics.xml was not updated by installer? We should figure it out before I release new version.

You can find latest configuration file here so you can compare

BTW Peanuts has not worked for a while now. I think site changed and uses javascript now?

I got it kinda working with:
    <comic>
    <name>Peanuts</name>
    <url>http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/pe/[yyyy]/pe[yy][MM][dd].gif</url>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <banner>http://c0389161.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/dyn/str_comic/69.logo.large.gif</banner>
    <language>us</language>
    <type>date</type>
    <urltype>image</urltype>
    </comic>
    for previous dates, but current date uses
    <url>http://synd.imgsrv.uclick.com/comics/pe/[yyyy]/pe[yy][MM][dd].jpg</url>

Any suggestions?

Will take a look tomorrow, too late now :)

Attachments

• 01-10-58.png
      01-10-58.png
      565.8 KB
    • 01-11-39.png
      01-11-39.png
      613.6 KB
    • 01-11-43.png
      01-11-43.png
      613 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Perhaps your MyDailyComics.xml was not updated by installer? We should figure it out before I release new version.

You can find latest configuration file here so you can compare
    Yep, Installer does not have that version in it. I attached the version that exists in

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\bdfea2a7-2206-4fae-8165-02342031848c\0.2.6.0\BackUp\%Config%\MyDailyComics.xml

As you can see Matakovic is not the same as the file on Sourceforge.

Then I realized that Config was set to use comics.xml in MP Program Files folder. It had been updated (likely by MPEI) but not to your latest version. First I tried changing config file in Setup to use MyDailyComics.xml in program data. That did not work, Matakovic still used old xml settings.

Then I tried copying MyDailyComics.xml to comics.xml in program data. But that still did not work.

Then I copied the xml code from your MyDailyComics.xml in Setup for Matakovic. That did not even work!

So I figured install was screwed up. I uninstalled, removed all Daily comic config xmls (there was a MyDaily ComicsSettings.xml file left over as well), and reinstalled. Then I had to recopy the MyDailyComics.xml from your link above as installer still installed an old version.

Finally I could access the buttons on Matakovic!

So I think you just have some minor installer issues, possibly only for those who used Comics before?

Attachments

• MyDailyComics.xml
      4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom