My Dreambox Plugin (5 Viewers)

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
this is really good news. hopefully this plugin will be finished at some point.

many mp users will appricate this. I know for sure i will.

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Status Update

Here's a small comment on progress:

the plugin is able to:

- Show all boutiques
    - Show all Channels
    - Tune in to a channel

I had problems with zapping from one to another channel because the update of the vlc component went to fast, the Enigma streaming server from the Dreambox is then not ready, I fixed this by implementing a call to the Enigma which makes the current thread wait for the data. After the Channel data is returned the VLC component will get the new url and command to get the stream.

- The next 2 weeks no development because I go diving in Egypt :D

p.s., OSD will be part of the component as well.

bleze

October 5, 2006
    GaryW, I was wondering how long it takes to change channel. Is it like a second as on the DreamBox itself, or does it take more, like 5 or 10 seconds? If I understand correctly you go through the webinterface which is slower than doing some direct connection/command executing, or it's it so little difference you won't notice. Reason I ask, is because I use DreamView on PC and it takes along time to change channel here. It's actually using VLC for the actual streaming and the webinterface for changing channels I guess.

Gamester, maybe some of this development can be used to get easier My TV into XBMC. There are DreamBox models for both DVB-T, S and C, so covers all digital tuning we would need. Being able to put the DreamBox away and stream from it in my 2-3 rooms with Xbox's will be very cool

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's slower than on the Dreambox :mad: , ofcourse, because the dreambox first has to tune in to the new channel, the stream server has to do it afterwards. I made it light weight which means, when changing channels I start polling Enigma. If Enigma returns data again, the command is sent to the VLC player to tune in to the stream. I have tested it on my wireless LAN at home and it took maximum 4 seconds, but I am sure with utp cable it should be faster anyway.
    If this is too slow I recommend a sat card for your media portal box :D

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

:mad:
    Can you guys tell what at least needs to be in the plugin to make it usable for you? Zapping with the remote is still not possible but will be the next couple of weeks. Choosing from the channel menu is possible because of the menu structure, so watching will not be a problem.

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus

Can you guys tell what at least needs to be in the plugin to make it usable for you? Zapping with the remote is still not possible but will be the next couple of weeks. Choosing from the channel menu is possible because of the menu structure, so watching will not be a problem.

just watching for me it will be more than enough. But i have a few questions.

1) Will this plugin use the normal TV plugin of MP (i.e. Same OSD)
    2) Recording? Will it be possible to record channels

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

No the plugin will be an individual plugin, because the tv plugin is handled differently, maybe I go find a way to build an API to make the Dreambox Plugin handled by the TV interface of MP, but first releases will not.

The Dreambox records programs itself and handles the output through the Enimga stream server in the box, recordings are made by adding timers (this will be done through the Dreambox Plugin) and watching recordings is also part of the first plugin release.

Thanks,

Gary

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus

No the plugin will be an individual plugin, because the tv plugin is handled differently, maybe I go find a way to build an API to make the Dreambox Plugin handled by the TV interface of MP, but first releases will not.

The Dreambox records programs itself and handles the output through the Enimga stream server in the box, recordings are made by adding timers (this will be done through the Dreambox Plugin) and watching recordings is also part of the first plugin release.

Thanks,

Gary

Thank you Gary. Keep up the good work. This is by far the best Dreambox plugin attempt so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom