GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And the best part...it's working :D
    If you want I can set up some downloads for you in 3 weeks if you want to test it? ;)

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok, in a week I will be returning from my dive trip in the red sea. After that I need a week to combine all the snippets that I have and add the logic to the gui controls. Then I will build a setup app for you which makes it easy to install it. :D

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    ok, in a week I will be returning from my dive trip in the red sea. After that I need a week to combine all the snippets that I have and add the logic to the gui controls. Then I will build a setup app for you which makes it easy to install it. :D

great

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Back from diving trip

Hi all,

After arrving from my diving trip I was sick for a day but up and running now.
    Started working right away, added playing radio from the Dreambox.
    Have also implemented the datasource for the recordings. I will test it tonigh but I am sure it'll work playing them.

GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dreambox 7025

From what I have heard is that the 7025 version at this moment doesn't have a web interface. This is neccesary to run the plugin.

In future releases the plugin also will support rtsp protocol (combined with a light weight stream server) so it will be more easy to integrate the plugin into the tv engine.

I can need any help on this cuz there's a lot of work to do so anyone, feel free to join this project

bleze

October 5, 2006
    GaryW, I wish I had the time to help with the work because I want this badly for XBMC (XboxMediaCenter) too. However I have another daughther arriving anytime soon, so most of the sparetime will be gone for some time.

However I feel your code should be able to be used without the TV Server. I know many people have a Dreambox in their house and 2-3 Xboxes in different rooms all on network.
    These 2-3 Xboxes could use your DLL to gain access to the Dreambox. All can watch the same program at the same time. Even record to the Xbox harddrive. Change channel. Not sure if it will be possible to watch different channels on same transponder or what.
    This is my Dream. An Xbox can be bought for less than $100 and it can easily be softmodded for free to have XBMC installed. For $5 extra it can be made virtually silent if the fan is exchanged. This is a way cheaper client than any MediaPortal PC and it even has some features which MediaPortal does not and vice versa...

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum

I guess you could made a simple API which could be called from XBMC too. Something like

Connect(IP)
    BuoketsGet
    ChangeChannel

I do not know if it's possible to lock the Dreambox to a channel for a period of time. For example if a XBMC client is recording then it would not be cool if another XBMC changed channel. That other client should instead get a message about "A recording is currently in progress on <IP> which will be finished at <time>"

Let me know what you think and keep it up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom