My Dreambox Plugin (1 Viewer)

Alfiegerner

Portal Member
October 22, 2005
I'm currently using Sage rather than MediaPortal but this plugin has me very interested in switching.

Can anyone tell me what the current state of development is on this project and how usable it currently is? Is it integrated with the standard TV section or does it have a seperate interface? Is it rock-solid, suitable for day to day no-tinkering tv watching (i.e. wife standard)? Any issues for hooking up two or more dreamboxes?

I've had problems trying to use dreamboxes directly with other PVR's like GBPVR and MythTV where the solidity hasn't been quite there.

fasteddie_1

September 30, 2006
Can anyone help me:

I have a fresh install of MP 0.2.2.0 with a fresh install of VLC 0.8.5. When I go to My Dreambox...All I get to see is a picture of the "road-Pylon" from VLC. I have setup the Dreambox Plugins in the MP Setup-plugins. Odd though, when I try to configure the VLC External plug-in....no child window comes up for data entry.

Anybody got any ideas?

Ed.

sterp

February 1, 2007
Problem with My dreambox tv and media portal 0220

I have installed the mediaportal version 0220 and the My Dreambox tv plugin but can't get it to work.

Like an earlier post here media portal chrashes when i try to put in the password but if i use the second plugin in the buttom of the plugin view it is possible to put in password and create a connection.

But there are two video lan plugins and when i try to configure them i got no picture and booth of the video lan plugins are enabled.

If i try to disable one of them the media portal chrashes when i activate my dreambox in the menu.

Best regards

Sterp

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Two videolan plugins? How did you manage that? Anyway, please take a look at the error log, you will probably see that it can't find/load MediaPortal.Profile.Settings. Please post that part here.

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Gary,

i do not know if somebody will still cover the Neutrion Dbox2. I started to write in C# a while ago. To play arround a little with the code i'm now writting a Neutriono plugin. I can already zap and watch the stream. Maybe one more week and I will have something ready for a release.

Thanks for your source. Good work. Keep going !

Greetz,

Mark

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
Anyone got this working wit Dbox2

Hi there?

I have a Dbox2 with a Enigma-image. According to gary this plug-in should work with a Dbox2 too with the correct image.
But I cannot seem to find a Gemini-image for a Dbox.

Did anyone get this plugin to work with a Dbox2 and if yes, with what image?
Dowload-link for that image perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Henk.

Nicodemuz

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
I have two DM500s, can I have two plugins so I can access the DM500 of my choice from Mediaportal?

There is also a "external dreambox" plugin from which I can load channel setup and EPG from one of my DM500:s. Is this plugin in anyway connected to the My Dreambox plugin and where can I find the source of this "external dreambox" plugin?

Is it possible to switch channel by entering a digit when in fullscreen mode or do I always have to leave fullscreen mode and select channel through the menus?

Is VLC the only player that can be used to watch streams from Dreamboxes from within Mediaportal?
My experience with VLC is that it uses more resources than necessary and my HTPC don't have the fastest CPU...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom