My EPG Program Information has gone? (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi Folks,
    I am using WebGrab++ to grab an EPG from SKY in the UK on my MediaPortal 1 and things were going very well until I tried a skin cahnge to MayaHD.
    The MayaHD skin is very good but I noticed that my EPG listings were all there but they did not have the additional program information so I changed back to Titan.
    Unfortunately the problem did not resolve and I now have no program information in the Titan EPG listings.
    I have gone through all the setups and cannot fing anything to undo this issue so I hope you may be able to point me in the right direction?
    Regards to all

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

the EPG content is independent of the skin that you are using. So anything missing/not working is more a coincidence than actually related to you having tested Maya.

Please post full logs (minimum for the server side) for a diagnosis of what is going on. ON a single seat installation you may use WatchDog, for which you should have an icon on your desktop, to collect all available logs.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi HTPC_Sourcer, Thank you for your reply.
    I have attached logs as requested.
    Any advice would be most gratefully received.
    Regards

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Everything appears perfectly OK(y)

xmltv successfully read the file this morning at 4:15:
    [2015-07-21 04:15:16,643] [Log ] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - Xmltv: imported 67 channels, 53679 programs status:tvguide.xml:File imported successfully;
    [2015-07-21 04:15:16,663] [Log ] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - Xmltv: waiting for database to finish inserting imported programs.
    All programs were then written to the database at 4:22
    [..] snip
    [2015-07-21 04:21:04,565] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 168 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:06,795] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 331 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:09,035] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 331 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:11,305] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 336 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:13,045] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 259 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:14,795] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 259 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:17,025] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 331 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:18,125] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 163 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:19,235] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 163 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:21:20,335] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: Inserted 163 programs to the database
    [2015-07-21 04:22:20,465] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [INFO ] - schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll
    [2015-07-21 04:22:21,225] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [DEBUG] - BusinessLayer: InsertProgramsThread exiting
    [2015-07-21 04:22:21,235] [Log ] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv import done
    Open MP and have another look.:)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi HTPC_Sourcer,
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    Yes, the EPG is getting the listings but I no longer get the program details on the GUI.
    Please see the picture I took just now. Previously there would be some program information, like episode details or brief description of the program, but now I just get the title.
    The information is especially handy with channels like Quest where they re-play the same program many times and the information allows me to set up to record the programs I have not already seen.
    Any idea why this info should suddenly not be available in the EPG?
    Regards

Attachments

• IMAG0490.jpg
      IMAG0490.jpg
      1.1 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, the EPG is getting the listings but I no longer get the program details on the GUI.
    That is not a problem of the skin or MP but rather your xmltv is simply not receiving any program details.

Please verify your download software and/or download site if it is currently offering program details. Your screenshot looks like you're in the UK, but I don't know, which service you are using.

By the way: no need to take a picture of the screen. MP has an in-built screenshot functionality. Just press F11 and a picture of what is currently on the screen will be taken and stored in your Windows Pictures folder. See here for details: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Wiki_Help/4_Contribute_to_Wiki/4_Images////Screenshots

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    As I said at the start it's Webgrab++ on SKY TV in the UK. I am given to believe Webgrab++ is a good solution, and it certainly seems to perform OK unitl now.
    The SKY EPG appears to have all the details available when I browse the site.
    I checked all through Webgrab++ config and could not see any switch that could affect this so I will re-install Webgrab++ and start again to see if that cures the issue.
    Thanks for the tip on getting screenshots, probably not only easier but better quality than messing around with my phone in a darkened room!
    Regards

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    maybe the Webgrab++ grabber files needs a tweak to grab the description from the webpage, a small tweak to the way the webpage works could cause the grabber to miss the description. you might need to go to the WebGrab++ forums to see if there are recent updates.

you can open the tvguide.xml file with a browser (firefox, chrome, etc) , just open browser window drag/drop tvguide.xml in the browser. Or use something like notepad++ to open the xml file, If the xml file is real BIG, my USA file for 130 channels 14 days is 40+MB, it can take a LONG time to open the file.

the description text starts with <desc, you could open a cmd.exe text window, cd to the folder with the tvguide.xml, type the following to search for <desc in the file. Press "q" to quit or space to see more data.

findstr "<desc" tvguide.xml |more

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks RonD,
    I see what you mean, I will set about this tonight and see what I can find.
    Thanks for the help
    Regards

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi RonD,
    How right you are.
    As soon as I look in the Webgrab forum the answer appears to be that something has changed on the Sky site and others are experiencing the same problem.
    Apologies for taking up the valuable time of you and HTPCSourcer.
    Please let me thank you both again for your help it is very much appreciated.
    Best Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom