Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD64 3500+ Venice
    Memory: 2x 512MB DDR
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce4 Ultra
    Video Card: ATI x850xt
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 5.13
    Video Card Resolution: 1280*1240
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Video Codec Type & Version: Nvidia (latest)
    Audio Codec Type & Version: Nvidia (latest)
    TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1300
    TV Card Type: DVB-T

many positive things to say, but that won't help development so here are the problems i had so far:

• --> All skins seem to have white little "errors/dots" in it in fullscreen mode
    --> When choosing a new skin while in mediaportal, only some buttons are adjusted, not the whole skin is applied
    --> (not really an error but still) NOD32 makes mediaportal crash while doing the wizard (while in mediaportal)
    --> Music playing:
    When entering a map, it says "view: list" but they are icons and you cannot select any files in it
    The visualisations constantly switch with album coverart
    --> Issues with hauppauge remote (losing control)
    --> if you are playing a video and you go back to your overview screen (movie still playing in little square) you loose that view when searching TV.com for information
    *edit*
    --> Mediaportal doesn't fully close when exitting: it is still running in background consuming about 100megs of precious RAM
:wink:

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
MediaPortal fully closes when I exit it. Do you have any options such as "minimise to tray on GUI exit" set in the configuration?

Vergo

Portal Pro
August 30, 2005
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
no but i did find what's causing it:
When the hauppauge remote is enabled, HCW doesn't close and therefore mediaportal doesn't close.. i have to reset everytime :(

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Vergo:
    --> All skins seem to have white little "errors/dots" in it in fullscreen mode
    This is a known bug (since RC1) and it's in Mantis, so it'll get fixed eventually.
    --> When choosing a new skin while in mediaportal, only some buttons are adjusted, not the whole skin is applied
    Same here, but changing the skin from within setup (and stopping/starting MediaPortal) works around this.
    When the hauppauge remote is enabled, HCW doesn't close and therefore mediaportal doesn't close.. i have to reset everytime
    RC2 is known to be buggy with hauppauge remotes. There have been a lot of changes in that area just before the release of RC2. You could try a current CVS snapshot and see if it works better for you, since a lot of work has been done in that area after the RC2 release as well.

jawbroken:
    MediaPortal fully closes when I exit it. Do you have any options such as "minimise to tray on GUI exit" set in the configuration?
    This option already is in RC2. Look in Setup under "General". There it clearly says "Minimize to tray on GUI exit".

Kind regards,
    Michel

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I am well aware that the setting exists, I was wondering if that could be the problem with mediaportal continuing to run in the background, not asking for a feature (wrong forum for it anyway). Clearly the issue is something else though.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    jawbroken said:
    I am well aware that the setting exists, I was wondering if that could be the problem with mediaportal continuing to run in the background, not asking for a feature (wrong forum for it anyway). Clearly the issue is something else though.
    Sorry, I totally misread your initial post! :oops:

Kind regards,
    Michel

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany

Vergo

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2005
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    scoop, thx for the feedback :)

had another issue & a question
    --> when trying to scan the movie directory in setup for the movie database, i always end up crashing.. Setup exits but is still running in background searching Imdb.
    --> If you want to change coverart: crash

Question
    How do you change coverart because most of em aren't correct (for example: movie The Gift, all possible covers are those of dvdboxes (which i think is referred as gift sets or something like that)

I tried copying the good cover over the bad one in the thumbs folders
    emptied al those cache images but still nog results :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom