Completed My 'Little' HTPC project (1 Viewer)

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
My project, some pictures and inprovements I'm gonna make

The main specs:

Chassi: Silverstone LC02
Mainboard :MSI RS482M4-ILD
Processor: AMD 64 'Venice' 3200+
Memory: DDR400 1024MB
HDD: 300GB SATA

HTPC3.jpg

HTPC4.jpg

HTPC1.jpg

HTPC2.jpg

But I have many things still to do!
here are the main TODO-list in pictures...

HTPC_change1.JPG

Blue:
All cables should be enclosed in roundcables to make airflow and 'the look' better. Cables should be hidden under Mainboard if it is possible to make airflow better.

Green:
The fan att the top of the pictures should be replaced by a papst 80mm silent fan.
Both of the fans is going to pump out air to make the airflow better trought the silent power-unit.

HTPC_change2.JPG

Yellow:
I'm gonna mount SPDIF In/Out ,SCART and S-video outputs in the chassi at the back

HTPC_change3.JPG

Red:
A DVD/CD burner is soon gonna take this place here.

Purple:
A 10cm SATA cable is what I want here...where do I find it?

What to you think? any more inprovements to do?

###Updated 2005-12-17###

htpc_new1.jpg

htpc_new2.jpg

/BigAl

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I think you need to make the pictures smaller in size... And what type of cd/dvd rom are you going to get... From the LARGE pics it doesn't look like there is alot of room there. Is this case made to house a cd rom at all?

bigal

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2005
    Gothenburg
    Are some pic larger then others?

Yes, their is a place for a slimline dvd/cd I'm gonna use a "NEC ND-6650 Dual-Layer DVD" for it

It's a small box but it is cute =)

/BigAl

SpaceProtector

Portal Member
    November 30, 2004
    I was going to use the same Case but with 1 low profile AGP and (!) two PCI cards in a riser. And there might be still some space left using a flexible riser card if you do not include the fan on the left side.
    Could you please measure how much space there is for a low profile AGP card, ie the space between AGP slot and the panel where the DVD and HDD are lying on.

bigal

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2005
    Gothenburg
    I have no AGP on my mainboard so i took it from the PCIe port instead, exactly 5cm.

I have a MainBoard with grafics onboard, both VGA,DVI,RGB(Scart)and S-video

I am using an flexibel extender because MSI has placed a PICe 1X where the PCI would have been =( breaking ISO standards in't good....

/BigAl

rusten

Portal Member
    May 16, 2004
    I have one suggestion for you. Replace the MicroATC power supply with the highest quality version you can get. I've had roughly 70% of these systems come back due to burned out MicroATC power supplies. Also, if you could retrofit the new supply with a quiet fan prior to installing it, that will be equally important as replacing your 80mm with the silent papst.

One question: what sort of tuner card is that you're using. I was under the impression that cable-card tuner cards weren't out?

Looking good so far!

bigal

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2005
    Gothenburg
    does this PSU you are talking about fit my case without modifying?

My card is an Twinhan Cab-CI, it doesn't work with MP right now but hopefully soon

/BigAl

Rommyke

December 13, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi , bigal

It looks very nice , but I'm intressed in the mainbord you are using , the MSI rs482M4-ILD

I'm going to build my own HTPC but I don't know which motherbord to use .

I have 3 motherbord in my mind

The first is MSI RS482M4-ILD
    the second is ASUS A8N-VM CSM
    the third ASROCK 775Twins-HDTv

Are there any problems with the mainbord you are using or somethings that could be better ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom