My main view doesnt show imdb rating or cast info - I wants it! :) (1 Viewer)

dlthorpe

Portal Pro
January 10, 2009
Hey all,

Quick one im hoping. Im using latest v0.5.361 StreamedMP and Media Portal v1.0.0.0.

I posted in the StreamedMP section about this but just came here and saw the Moving Pictures v0.7.1 sticky has a picture which is what im looking for. Basically with my StreamedMP install my Moving Pictures main view is 3 rows of cover artwork, no imdb rating, and a cut down detail section that has no cast.

I take it the default view with StreamedMP is causing this?

Looking at the pictures in there sticky i can see the "Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg" (which is the second image) is basically what i want. It has only 2 rows but does have the rating and cast info.

What controls this and what do i need to do to change it?

Thanks all,
D.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey all,

Quick one im hoping. Im using latest v0.5.361 StreamedMP and Media Portal v1.0.0.0.

I posted in the StreamedMP section about this but just came here and saw the Moving Pictures v0.7.1 sticky has a picture which is what im looking for. Basically with my StreamedMP install my Moving Pictures main view is 3 rows of cover artwork, no imdb rating, and a cut down detail section that has no cast.

I take it the default view with StreamedMP is causing this?

Looking at the pictures in there sticky i can see the "Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg" (which is the second image) is basically what i want. It has only 2 rows but does have the rating and cast info.

What controls this and what do i need to do to change it?

Thanks all,
D.

Which Screenshots are you talking about, and which "main view" do you use!?

dlthorpe

Portal Pro
January 10, 2009
Sorry, thought i explained it :)

Erm im referring to this view. My view from the StreamedMP installer doesnt have the Cast and the imdb rating.

Just wondering how you get it back?

Attachments

• Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg
    Moving Pictures - Small Thumbs.jpg
    345.4 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is really just how the skin designer decided to create the skin. Moving Pictures provides every single bit of movie data for all views in the MediaPortal GUI, and it is up to the skin designer to decide what to display. The screen shot from the launch thread is from the Monochrome skin (although the screenshot may actually be a bit out of date), so you may want to consider trting out that skin if you like the layout better. You also could post over in the StreamedMP forums and ask for help on modifying your skin XML files to display different/alternate information in list view.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yo can manually edit it... Because what you wan't is not made for that skin!

Yo will have to edit the movingpictures.views.xml.

Have a look at that file, how the title in the bottom of the file is configurated... Then you will be able to add more fields...
You can find the labels to call the different fields in that file to...

Ex. the title at the bottom is called with #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title
If you ex. wan't to insert genre, you can call it by #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.genres

You can get the IMDB info to work in Smalliconview too...

Take the code from Movingpictues.xml, Copy it to movingpictures.views.xml and modifi it a little, so it look a little like this:

<control>
<type>imagelist</type>
<id>101</id>
<posX>35</posX>
<posY>600</posY>
<width>310</width>
<height>25</height>
<textureWidth>20</textureWidth>
<textureHeight>20</textureHeight>
<subitems>
<subitem>greystar.png</subitem>
<subitem>starwhite.png</subitem>