My Movies and IMDB! (1 Viewer)

PetterHJ

Portal Member
December 18, 2005
Oslo
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi

I love Team Mediaportal, but I do have some issues with the IMDB part of it.
First of all, I connected my external disk to my computer and downloaded all of the imdb information about the films. It took some time, but at last it finished. Today I reconnected the disk, and the driver letter changed. Of course, since the database entries are linked to FILE path, I will have to download everything again!

First question, why is the information linked to exact file path? Why not some meta data if existing, or the file name itself?

Lets say nothing of thats possible, and the way it's done now is the way it has to be. Why do I have to download the info again? Why can't it search the database for already existing information? (If for any reason the file path or name changed, it could just fast update from database when pressing the IMDB link).

Another thing. If I add movies to the file list in the MP Setup (i.e. when I have CD1 and CD2), it doesnt work when starting MP afterwards. I have to download the info again for each file!

It's not my purpose to critisize though. I really like MP! Keep it up guys :)

Qooop

January 1, 2006
PetterHJ said:
Hi

I love Team Mediaportal, but I do have some issues with the IMDB part of it.
First of all, I connected my external disk to my computer and downloaded all of the imdb information about the films. It took some time, but at last it finished. Today I reconnected the disk, and the driver letter changed. Of course, since the database entries are linked to FILE path, I will have to download everything again!

First question, why is the information linked to exact file path? Why not some meta data if existing, or the file name itself?

Lets say nothing of thats possible, and the way it's done now is the way it has to be. Why do I have to download the info again? Why can't it search the database for already existing information? (If for any reason the file path or name changed, it could just fast update from database when pressing the IMDB link).

Another thing. If I add movies to the file list in the MP Setup (i.e. when I have CD1 and CD2), it doesnt work when starting MP afterwards. I have to download the info again for each file!

It's not my purpose to critisize though. I really like MP! Keep it up guys :)

If you are using WinXP you can go to the Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management then click on Disk Management. There are options there to change drive letters. If another drive has already taken the letter you wanted, just change it down to the first available letter, then change the drive with the IMDB files on it back to the letter it was originally. You may have to reboot in between changes for the original letter to clear.

Thanks for MP!

PetterHJ

Portal Member
December 18, 2005
Oslo
Home Country
Norway Norway
Sure, but IMO that should not be necessary. I do believe that the IMDB implention should be somewhat "smarter".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom