Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I recall seeing a user on the My Movies forum stating that he had developed a plugin to allow the latest My Movies to work with My Films. Did anyone ever get the link and is this likely to be incorporated in to MyFilms? Currently using MyVideos with NFOs but its a little cumbersome and doesn't appear to update on a new film being added.

Thanks,

Chris

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Chris - AFAIK My Movies does work with MyFilms - at least none of the testers/users have reported any issues ;).
    Ofc you still have to export your data to XML for MyFilms to read it, but if you can set a task to do that whenever you update MyMovies then MyFilms will always read your latest data. (You can also configure MyFilms in Setup to run apps when it loads but I have never done that). I saw reefsmacker's post in the MyMovies forum, but no link. Do you have one? I don't think he has posted anything in the MyFilms or MP forums has he?

EDIT: You probably saw the post from @Wo0zy too - I know he has been quite interested and following any integration of MyMovies with MediaPortal/MyFilms. Maybe he knows?

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Dadeo,

Yeah that post by Reefsmacker was what I was referring too. I'd hoped that user might have come forward... Although it depends whether or not it relies on the API access to integrate... I might post again on the forum asking for a link.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Chris - AFAIK My Movies does work with MyFilms - at least none of the testers/users have reported any issues ;).
    Ofc you still have to export your data to XML for MyFilms to read it, but if you can set a task to do that whenever you update MyMovies then MyFilms will always read your latest data. (You can also configure MyFilms in Setup to run apps when it loads but I have never done that). I saw reefsmacker's post in the MyMovies forum, but no link. Do you have one? I don't think he has posted anything in the MyFilms or MP forums has he?

EDIT: You probably saw the post from @Wo0zy too - I know he has been quite interested and following any integration of MyMovies with MediaPortal/MyFilms. Maybe he knows?

Sadly I didn't get any response publicly or privately.

However I did find https://github.com/ReefSmacker . Not had any time to look through it though.

The project hasn't been touched for a couple of months. Could mean it's finished, abandoned or that ReekSmacker has just been busy.

Wo0zy.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok this builds fine, installs ok in 1.3. Plugin is shown in process with config options. All seems to work without crashing. Can't test properly as my movies is currently stored on my TV Server and I don't seem to be able to access the SQL database over the network...[DOUBLEPOST=1370772094][/DOUBLEPOST]However, I actually wonder if it is a full blown front end rather than a plug in for MyFilms as it has its own XML skin data.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok this builds fine, installs ok in 1.3. Plugin is shown in process with config options. All seems to work without crashing. Can't test properly as my movies is currently stored on my TV Server and I don't seem to be able to access the SQL database over the network... .
    Which is why MyFilms uses XML ;) you can store it wherever you want and access it from any client, or even a server that has only AMCUpdater installed if you wish.

However, I actually wonder if it is a full blown front end rather than a plug in for MyFilms as it has its own XML skin data.
    Yep looking at the Github repo it looks like a totally separate plugin with different skin files etc. So yes it would have to be installed and updated on each client like MP Videos or Moving Pictures (though there are ways to sync your db ;)).

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Should be possible to access a central MyMovies DB over a network. MyMovies is a full client/server product with an MS SQL backend (plus hidden "dataprovider" shares for thumbs etc). Maybe ReefSmacker just hasn't implemented this in his code (yet?).

I thought it looked like a standalone plugin from my brief glance at the repo. Maybe we should take further discussions about this out of the MyFilms threads?

BTW if there's any interest in working on "live" MyMovies integration with MyFilms my offer of donating an installer (api enabled) license still stands. I also have a little experience working with the api's (web and local DB) and would try to help out where I can (and time permits). Once I finally get through the house move and the next two major projects at work I hope that time will be were readily available!

Wo0zy.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would still be interested in integrating My Moves & My Films however in the interest of keeping this section of the forum focused, we can move this to another thread. Reefsmacker got in touch with me this morning, so hopefully it can be expanded on by itself or incorporated in to My Films.

Chris

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sounds promising! Would be grateful if you could PM me with details of the new thread and any progress.

Would be happy to help where I can.

Wo0zy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom