My MP won't play (or at least won't play correctly) my TrueHD films (1 Viewer)

iyuvalk

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi Chris,

I tried to do what you suggested and it works successfully in the sense that I can play all my films regardless of the soundtrack encoding type. However, when I use Microsoft's audio decoder, my DTS films' sound is so much richer...

If there's no other option (like telling MP to use a MS decoder for DTS films or some sort of on-the-fly conversion of the TrueHD sound data to DTS) I'll have to use the setting you suggested and to switch to MS decoder when I want to play a DTS film and to maximize the sound quality.

Isn't life should be simpler than that...?

Yuval

iyuvalk

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi all,

First of all - thanks a lot for your kind help. Just in case that someone else that has the same problem as I'm having and wants to know how I got this issue resolved, well, here's how I resolved this issue: I used Chris's idea and now I can play any file (TrueHD or not) and the computer will send to my AV receiver only the basic audio signal - 2 sound channels and my AV receiver does a very good job in upmixing them to 5.1 so the result sound is more than sufficient for my ears and still - if I want to show off with a DTS film I can always switch back to Microsoft's audio decoder and play that film in real DTS pass-through mode. I have to say that although I would be happier if MediaPortal would allow me a more granular control over when to use which decoder so that I could use Microsoft's audio decoder for DTS and Dolby-Digital films and another (such as LAV or ffdshow) for the rest or to allow me to somehow "translate" the TrueHD/DTD-HD MA to DTS on-the-fly, I'm most certainly very happy with the result as it is right now. Thanks a lot for all your hard work invested in MediaPortal - I really think that it's the best HTPC software out there.

Another issue - Is there a way that I can attach an .srt/.sub file to a film that is stored as a BDMV folder without having to re-render it to a file?

T.I.A,
Yuval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom