My Music: cannot switch views (1 Viewer)

dasim

Portal Member
August 25, 2006
TV-Server Version: v3 SVN (about 2 days old)
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0-SVN-14.04.2007-18:57:07,24-Build 14082
MediaPortal Skin: Aqua, Project Mayhem
Windows Version: Windows 2003 Server R2
CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 Dual 3800+
HDD: 80Gb/200Gb/300Gb
Memory: 1Gb
Motherboard: Asus A8 Premium
Motherboard Chipset: NVidia nForce
Video Card: Asus GeForce 6600
Sound Card: onboard
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-USB2
1. TV Card Type: external hw encoding
HTPC Case: X15e
Remote: irTrans + logitech 895

Immediately after switching views on My Music menu, MP becomes unresponsive, you can ear the sound for the keypresses, but the only thing that works is the command for closing MediaPortal.

This behaviour does not occur when using Blue2, but happens every time with either Project Mayhem or Aqua (both latest versions)

Please let me know of any additional info that I can provide, I really don't have a clue on what might be causing this issue.

It is probably unrelated but I often get some latency in the gui (sometimes 5+ sec.), and at times sluggish performance when watching recorded TV.

Thanks,
David

dootgoop

Portal Member
April 16, 2007
Home Country
I can confirm this problem.

It happened with Project Mayhem 3, but not BlueTwo.
The problem did not occur with previous SVN releases using Project Mayhem 3.

Mediaportal seems to freeze. However, you can quit mediaportal using the topbar. Other buttons and functions don't seem to work.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Since this "bug" it's related to skin's not in MediaPortal(B2 & B2 wide) & SVN releases & not beeing updated when something changes in MP, you should make a post in the skin part of the forum.

Regards
    Roy

dasim

Portal Member
    August 25, 2006
    Hi,

I'm not convinced it's a skin specific issue, hence my posting in this forum. I'm getting this behaviour with all skins I've tried, namely

- project mayhem
    - aqua
    - replicant

all of them latest versions. Besides, if it were a bug due to the skins not being up-to-date with the latest SVN, shouldn't the other skin users be getting the same issues?

While normaly unlikely, the fact that an error condition does not occur with b2 does not necessarily mean that there isn't a bug, imho

Thanks,
    David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom