• June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Metalla_NZ

Just had an idea for supporting/parsing multiple artists

Parsing looks for the '&' symbol within the %artist% tag
    eg. Chemical Brothers & Fat Boy Slim - Our Song.avi
    This is entered into the database twice as Chemical Brothers - Our Song and Fat Boy Slim - Our Song. Alternatively it could be entered into the database twice as Chemical Brothers - Our Song (Feat Fat Boy Slim) and Fat Boy Slim - Our Song (Feat Chemical Brothers)

Parsing also looks for the '(Feat *****)' string

eg. Chemical Brothers - Our Song (Feat Fat Boy Slim).avi /or/ Chemical Brothers (Feat Fat Boy Slim) - Our Song.avi
    This is entered into the database as Chemical Brothers - Our Song and Fat Boy Slim - Our Song. Alternatively it could be entered into the database twice as Chemical Brothers - Our Song (Feat Fat Boy Slim) and Fat Boy Slim - Our Song (Feat Chemical Brothers)

You could also add support for looking for the '&' or ',' symbol within the '(Feat ****)' string for videos that have more than 2 artists in them.
    eg. Pink (Feat Beyonce & Taylor Swift) - Little River.avi
    Entered into the database as Pink - Little River , Beyonce - Little River , Taylor Swift - Little River
    Or alternatively Pink - Little River (Feat Beyonce & Taylor Swift) , Beyonce - Little River (Feat Pink & Taylor Swift) , Taylor Swift - Little River (Feat Beyonce & Pink)

The problem would arise if you had an artist called Kruder & Dorfmeister which you want parsed as a single artist, in this case you would have to name your file 'Kruder and Dorfmeister - Song name.avi'

Alternatively you could use the + symbol instead of the & symbol, or just use the 'Feat' string and skip the & symbol altogether

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So you mean to play the most played videos? If you go to Smart Playlists then Favourite tracks thats what you get

Exactly! Haven't tested the new version yet :)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Have tested this, but it's not quite what I was after.

I would like to see a list over the most played videos and then be able to chose wich one I would like to see (and that the next plays automaticly..). The MVids plugin also had a playcount for each video if I remember correctly.

Would love to have these opportunities back :)

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The plugin does keep a playcount of each song, but at this stage isnt displayed anywhere. If you go to smart playlists, then most played, then go into see the playlist, that is the list of the most played songs.

Ill try some things to make everything a little more intuitive

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Metalla_NZ, one thing I did notice was loads of instances of ffmpeg.exe in task manager when scanning files into the db. Config says all threads are finished...

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FFMpeg starts for each music video to get the thumbnail. They should all eventually stop. My reccomendation is to have as short a thumbnail time as you can get away with. If its too long into it, FFMPEG needs to buil everything previous to that point to get the thumbnail, and it can take some time. I have mine set at 5 seconds, as that seems to give a decent thumb, and takes a reasonable short period of time

JustusIV

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had mentioned this earlier, but no one responded so i dont know if it just got lost in the thread. But what about better handling of file names, for example underscores being equal to spaces etc. I know the common response is probably rename my files, but that seems like a common naming scheme to include.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Justus, Im looking at the way parsing is done at the moment. Im thinking at this point that the current method of parsing files, with the very specific mask is a little inefficient. My theory is that everyone has their files named in a artist - song format essentially. So i may just get people to add folders, and then recursively search every subfolder, and add all the video files, and then try and parse the file-names. At this point it will replace '_' with ' ', and handle multiple artists.

The way its set up right now doesnt really allow for that sort of thing. If everyone with a vested interest could let me know wether they have both artist and title information in their filename?

JustusIV

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I dont know about anyone else but i dont like editing my files, and that includes file names.
    Here is a sample of something that i would have
    "nine_inch_nails-closer_(uncensored)-dvdrip-xvid-1994-lcf.avi"
    This would not work for several reason that would be sweet if it were fixed.
    First the underscores are an issue, second the file contains more then one "-" and that seemed to also break it.
    I am unsure if the "(" and ")" would effect it.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think you can realistically expect music vids to cope with file names like "nine_inch_nails-closer_(uncensored)-dvdrip-xvid-1994-lcf.avi". It would require, custom user editor parsing strings, BUT the other difficultly is that you have two text strings artist and song as opposed to movies which is only 1x string, and their are more duplicates in music cf. movies. however i'm sure metalla_nz is a whizz with code and maybe he can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom