• Organised some other way

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • However they came

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

igor_uk

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
I am still having the same issue, as if MP Repository is not updated...

EDIT
ok, the solution was to delete the database: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\MusicVids.db3

Edit2

The importer does not like special characters in artist name, for example P!nk
it hangs, drawing high cpu

gilberti69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Much better plugin than mVids, however I'm having acouple of odd problems with this plugin:

1. If there are errors on parsing it won't complete the scan, just sits there waiting for you to select an artist matching 'ERROR'. I had to stop MP with the task manager to get out.

2. When I select the plugin from MP Home, I get no artists displayed, just somee odd text on the top, although the left popup menu works.

I'll post a screenshot later as I'm not at home ATM.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers for the feedback guys.

Igor, i will look into the special character thing... havent run across it yet, but ill test and fix.

gilberti69 - Sounds very weird, have never come across that before - screens would be good, as would logs if possible. (PS the readme does say to do a parsing test first and fix the errors.... however I may make it so it skips those on import to make it a little easier).

krimol

January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Missing/ Invalid File: MusicVids. The file is in the correct folder. I got this massage when I am trying to use Music Video in Blue 3Wide and Blue 3 skin. Is here anyone who can give me a easy guide to install this?

gilberti69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Home Country
    krimol: look in the Music Vids for a folder called Blue3Wide and copy it to the skins folder (in XP this will be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin)

igor_uk

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Cheers for the feedback guys.

Igor, i will look into the special character thing... havent run across it yet, but ill test and fix.

A little more info to replicate
    original filename "Pink - So What.avi"
    when searching, I am asked to choose the correct artist. But in the suggested list "P!nk" is not shown, so I search for it. After search is completed again, the artist "P!nk" is found and listed. When I choose that and press OK the system hangs, drawing high CPU on Configuration.exe. Current work-around is to manually update Pink to P!nk after the scan.

gilberti69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    Home Country
    This is the screen I get in MyMusicVideos. If you point me to the right place to find the other logs i'll post those too.

Attachments

• MyMusicVideos.GIF
      MyMusicVideos.GIF
      79.9 KB

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    Hi metalla_nz, latest version worked for me too. But I had to delete the old db to get it to work ;)
    I'd like to make a requests... Ability to specify a different fan art image. Perhaps an extra folder called fan art in the thumbs folder. So if nothing is found the artist image is displayed as it is now ;)

Anyway, I've added support in the next version of Monochrome...

:D

Attachments

• hover_MusicVids.png
      hover_MusicVids.png
      16.7 KB
    • artist.JPG
      artist.JPG
      114.4 KB
    • video.JPG
      video.JPG
      107.5 KB
    • MusicVids.xml
      30.6 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I also had to delete the old DB to get rid of the error, but after that it works as planned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom