Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

Markpainter

Portal Member
April 8, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All
I gave up with Vista and went back to XP.
When I said that MMV wouldn't install it gave an error on installation saying something along the lines of 'Not compatable with this version - get a newer one'.
But it's all academic now as I say, I have gone back to XP.
Thanks for the input folks!

But.. I think I have my numpty hat on!
I am configuring MMV and can't remember how to make it recognize FLV's as music videos, even though Media Portal knows and playes FLV's.
If I had ".flv" to the end of the list of extensions under MMV's configuration it doesn't remember when it when I close configuration.
When I open configuration again FLV has gone again.

I know it's a simple thing, but what I have forgotten?? :)

zOnk.oNe

Portal Member
September 24, 2008
Hello.
I just upgraded my HTPC and installed this instead of mVids (what I used before) and all I get are errors when scanning. I've tried a couple of different ways to set up how it should read my files, but all result in either one error that stops the scan (looking for artist: ERROR) or a bunch of errors in a row.

Structure is like this:
V:\Music_Videos\A_Tribe_Called_Quest-1nce_Again-DVDRip-SVCD-1996-iNT-HHE\a_tribe_called_quest-1nce_again-dvdrip-svcd-1996-hhe.mpg

I can't be the only one using these types of video rips. Anyone able to help me sort this out?

Using latest MediaPortal 1.1 and Windows 7.

Markpainter

Portal Member
April 8, 2009
Home Country
If I had ".flv" to the end of the list of extensions under MMV's configuration it doesn't remember when I close configuration.
When I open configuration again FLV has gone again.

I know it's a simple thing, but what I have forgotten?? :)

Sorted by deleteing the DB then resinstalling MMV. Works a treat now...

jdrom17

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
I was having some issues last night adding videos to the database. Nothing has change file wise or name wise, I was just setting it up on another PC.

Anyways, something like Korn which usually matched by itself, wouldn't match last night. There's was a bunch of others too but I can't remember. Sometimes just re-typing the exact same name in Search would fix it, but on some it only gave me a bunch of choices that I didn't want. Maybe something to look into?

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i rescanned the database because there where some duplicate files.
and got a lot of different names.
like, Meatloaf, normally it is just meatloaf but now i get meatloaf feat, bonny tyler.
i can not find just meatloaf, strange.

and more video's got the feat... stuff, looks like it usses a different search engine or something.

Markpainter

Portal Member
April 8, 2009
Home Country
I am having exactly the same problem.

One word artists like 'Black' not found, and others - eg DJ Tieso not found on their own, but only with other artists.
I am also finding the DB crashes loads when scanning and adding files to the DB.
Has there been an XP update or something that has caused all these issues?

I have also just noticed that when I click on the 'Music DVD' tab, there is a very slight slight screen fliker, but nothing else happens. ie the tab does nothing.

The plugin has been so stable up till now...

jdrom17

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
Oh yeah I got a bunch of results like that too.

Really don't know what's up. I'd guess and say it's with the way the plugin is accessing Last.FM. I guess Last.FM changed something on their website/database so now the plugin doesn't work correctly.

And I'm running Windows 7, so can't see it being Windows related.

Markpainter

Portal Member
April 8, 2009
Home Country
One word artists like 'Black' not found...

I am starting to wonder whether MMV has a limit to how many results it returns when searching Last FM, and this is resulting in not all of the search resaults showing up.

It seems to me that if it can't find the artist when searching, you can't cancel the thread.
However, if I suggest an incorrect artist, and it then finds that one, I can then manually correct it later and everything is ok.

Maybe I am guessing too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom