My Netflix 2.0 Alpha (Trial version for those who dare :) ) (1 Viewer)

Benson

Portal Member
October 29, 2011
Update...

Thanks to lildaveycross, I was able to debug a few issues related to authorizing accounts. If you have had issues authorizing your account please try again and let me know if you have issues.

WileE,

I keep getting the "Username or password is incorrect" dialog when trying to configure the plugin. I've tried my username from myReelTalk (Benson) as well as my e-mail address, no dice.

Benson

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update...

Thanks to lildaveycross, I was able to debug a few issues related to authorizing accounts. If you have had issues authorizing your account please try again and let me know if you have issues.

WileE,

I keep getting the "Username or password is incorrect" dialog when trying to configure the plugin. I've tried my username from myReelTalk (Benson) as well as my e-mail address, no dice.

Benson

Hey Benson,
    I know this is a stupid question, but your credentials work fine on the myReelTalk site?

Thanks

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Not a stupid question. myReelTalk account works beautifully and it's a great site!

Benson

Hmmm... I have been investigating this all morning with no luck. It works every time :(

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Benson

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Not a stupid question. myReelTalk account works beautifully and it's a great site!

Benson

Hmmm... I have been investigating this all morning with no luck. It works every time :(

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Relatively bizarre solution - I unCAP'd my username's first character (from Benson to benson) and it logged in correctly. You'd think I would've tried that one already. Is there a case-sensitivity bug floating in that textbox?

Thanks for your effort with this!! I'm off to explore the Alpha...

Benson

:D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Relatively bizarre solution - I unCAP'd my username's first character (from Benson to benson) and it logged in correctly. You'd think I would've tried that one already. Is there a case-sensitivity bug floating in that textbox?

Thanks for your effort with this!! I'm off to explore the Alpha...

Benson

:D

Crap! Your right.... :eek:

I covert to lower case on the website, but dont on the plugin. Great catch! I will make sure that fix is in the next version.

Thanks Benson!!

Benson

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Crap! Your right.... :eek:

I covert to lower case on the website, but dont on the plugin. Great catch! I will make sure that fix is in the next version.

Thanks Benson!!

No problem - it's always the little things that slip past in early versions.

OK, now I'm getting an "UNABLE TO PLAY. NETFLIXVIEWER.EXE UNAVAILABLE."

I tried moving the Netflix_Remote folder to C:\Program Files (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) and into a new Team MediaPortal path in the 64-bit Program Files path. No luck. It may not be a path issue.

Any ideas?

Benson

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    So my instant queue is showing up and when I click it, they play. Two issues:

1. The video doesn't start in full screen.
    2. When I press stop, the Netflix MP menu comes up properly but the video still plays in the background (can still hear the sound).
    3. While the video is playing and I press pause, the screen comes out of full screen.

I realize its just an alpha but thought I would pass along my findings.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    My observations so far:
    same issues as above. Plus quality is not that great. It is pretty good on my WII over a wireless connection, but not so much on my 100 meg wired connection on MP. Remote control functions do not seem to work well yet. Controlling without a keyboard or mouse is not possible yet. I also got a netflix error saying I had too many windows\tabs open. I exited (still heard sound), exited MP, still heard sound!!!! So I went to the process manager and it had a lot of IE processes running even though IE was not open. Killed them and the sound stopped.

A question I have is I thought the goal was to use the Netflix API to support netflix directly in MP, and not launch external stuff to do it. I may be getting confused with another plugin, though.

Overall, pretty good for an alpha. But is definately an alpha. I wish it worked a little more like the Console netflix apps (WII, Xbox, playstation). Just a wish though. I like the suggestions, new release, and "like" sections that those have.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey Cousin_Jerry & mlburgoon,
    First off, thank you for the feedback! I appreciate the information.

One thing I forgot to do is outline the remote buttons. I will update the first post with the mappings.

I am trying to use the native IE in kiosk mode instead of a custom browser. It looks like I may have to scrap that idea, as the issues you guys are having will be unacceptable. I will try to replicate, but if I can't I will move back to a custom browser.

mlburgoon, as far as the quality goes, the plugin doesnt have any control over that... Sorry :( Also, the plugin does support the Netflix 2.0 API, but launching a browser is necessary to play movies. Netflix does not allow us to capture the stream directly (before the change to Sliverlight we were able to capture the stream directly, but now it is not possible.)

Thanks again guys!
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom