My Netflix 2.0 Alpha (Trial version for those who dare :) ) (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
man, silverlight and netflix suck for that. I wonder if there is some way around that. I will research deeply and let you know what I find (if anything).

Sorcerer1089

Portal Member
September 2, 2005
I could not log into MyReeltalk.com today. I tried to reset the password based on username, but got this error:
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I tried to reset it based on the email address I was certain I used, but it appears that is not the email address I used. I re-registered with the email address I was expecting, but my password would still not allow me to log in. I had the password reset and sent to the email. I successfully logged in with that password, but when I reset the password and logged out and tried to log back in, neither my new nor my old passwords will let me in. I am not sure what is going on there. Some bug on the password reset page?

I had a new password generated and sent to my email to see if I can at least get MyNetflix 2.0 set up. I can't log in with that password now either. Looks like I have locked myself out good.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey Sorcerer1089,
    Thank you for the information! I just sent you a PM...

As far as the issue goes, I reset my password and it generated a new one for me. I then changed it and it worked fine.

What I think happened is the password may have been too big for the database field. The username and password's are encrypeted then stored in the database. If the password was long, it may have been too long for the database field. I have expanded it to 500 characters, so I hope that will resolve the issue.

If its anything beyond that I will not be able to do anything till Saturday, Im currently on holiday away from my main computer :(

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Any chance you'll add a StreamedMP skin soon?

Hey Scythe000,
    Probably not soon, but I will add it. I am currently working on the main funcationality, then will start on the skins. Many things will change through development and if I work on the skins too early, any change will have to be propogated across all the skins and that is too much work. I would much rather get everything finalized before I start working on any other skins. I hope you understand...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks to sorcerer1089 I found a few bugs in the registration/password update process. I will get those fixed on Saturday when I return from holiday...

1. Registration will let you register an already used username (this needs to be unique.)
    2. The email field will let you enter other text (should ONLY accept a valid email address.) (This is why sorcerer1089 received the error when he attempted to get a new password.)

Thanks for testing sorcerer1089!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

Okay, I have now officially moved the myReelTalk site to a server outside my house :) So now you should not experience any more interruptions. Post back and let me know of any speed (or any other) issues anyone may have.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Edit: When I referred to speed issues, I am talking specifically about speed issues with the plugin, not the website.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Hi, WileE.

Haven't been round here since I gave up on the HDPVR. I'm going to test out your netflix plug in and share my experience with you. I won't be implementing it full time until it's skinned, but it sounds like it's got great functions already. All you need is the instant queue anyway.

I'm excited to see what you do with the rest! Thanks, I'll post again later after I try her out.

EDIT: I am having trouble with the configuration. I got this error message when trying to configure --

"Failed to locate assembly 'Common.Utils, Version=1.1.6.27804, Culture+neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.

Then MediaPortal configuration closes. It seems as if I placed a file wrong during installation, but I have no idea which one it might be.

I'll continue to tinker, but if anyone has an idea that could save me some time, let me know. I'll be around.

EDIT 2: Actually, I have no idea, after triple installing and checking. I have no idea what the problem could be.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi, WileE.

Haven't been round here since I gave up on the HDPVR. I'm going to test out your netflix plug in and share my experience with you. I won't be implementing it full time until it's skinned, but it sounds like it's got great functions already. All you need is the instant queue anyway.

I'm excited to see what you do with the rest! Thanks, I'll post again later after I try her out.

EDIT: I am having trouble with the configuration. I got this error message when trying to configure --

"Failed to locate assembly 'Common.Utils, Version=1.1.6.27804, Culture+neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.

Then MediaPortal configuration closes. It seems as if I placed a file wrong during installation, but I have no idea which one it might be.

I'll continue to tinker, but if anyone has an idea that could save me some time, let me know. I'll be around.

EDIT 2: Actually, I have no idea, after triple installing and checking. I have no idea what the problem could be.

Hey Antonehenry,
    What version of MP are you running? Could you please post your logs so I can see what is happening?

Sorry your having issues :sorry:
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom