My NetFlix 2.0 Update News & Community Feedback (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey guys,
    My SINCERE apologies for being absent. Sorcerer1089 is correct, many things have been happening, but in a VERY positive direction. This plugin is FAR from dead :)

I started a website with a few friends (my Reel Talk) and have since been abandoned by them and have been developing the site on my own. Along with my regular job, earthquakes and hurricanes it has been very busy around here and I have been spending as much time as possible on the website & plugin as possible.

The website was mainly created to share movie reviews via Facebook, twitter or google plus. Once you register (registration is currently disabled), you will be able to add favorites to your queue and see other facebook friends favorites (so long as they are also registered on the site.) Yes, the site has ad's, but it will hopefully take off and I will be able to do this full time.

The website and plugin will be very tightly integrated. It is not mandatory to use the website, but movie reviews, comments & such will only be available via the website. Here's how it will work...

1. Register for an account (either through the plugin or website.) If you register in the plugin you will be able to use the same credentials to log into the website.
    1a. Each user will be associated with a queue (Like the 1.3 plugin you can have multiple users.)
    1b. Multiple users can be associated with a single Netflix account, but be aware, there is still only ONE Netflix Instant queue. Each user will have a favorites queue independent of the Netflix queue.
    2. You will be able to find other facebook friends registered on the site.
    3. You will be able to add favorites (which will show up in the plugin under your username.)
    4. You will be able to see your friends favorites (which will also show up in the plugin.)
    5. You will be able to manage your instant queue in both the plugin and webiste.
    6. You will be able to see your history in both the plugin and website.
    7. and many, many other features...

You can check out the site, but again, registration is currently disabled. As the plugin development moves along I will ask for a few voluteers to test for me. I will make a formal announcement when the site is ready for use.

Thanks again for your patience. I hope this new version far surpasses your expectations...

Wile E.

Sorcerer1089

Portal Member
    September 2, 2005
    Hey guys,
    ... As the plugin development moves along I will ask for a few voluteers to test for me. I will make a formal announcement when the site is ready for use.

Thanks again for your patience. I hope this new version far surpasses your expectations...

Wile E.

Site looks sweet. I will be registering as soon as it is available. Put me down to volunteer to test the plugin when ever it comes to fruition.

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    With the latest news from Netflix how is this plugin going to change? Is it going to be able to support both streaming and DVD queues from separate websites?

Thanks,

Schumach

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    With the latest news from Netflix how is this plugin going to change? Is it going to be able to support both streaming and DVD queues from separate websites?

Thanks,

Schumach

Hey schumach,
    Although Netflix and Qwikster are seperated, the API still only connects with the instant queue. So nothing has changed, we will unfortunately still not be able to work with Disc queues :( Sorry...

Wile E.

Sorcerer1089

Portal Member
    September 2, 2005
    So to keep people in the loop on WileE's new site and eventual release of MyNetflix2.0. The site works really nicely to be kind of a hub for social networks and Netflix. I can put up reviews, recommendations, etc. People logging into myReelTalk will see my recommnedations and thoughts and my FB friends also see it on my news feed. I can also manage and watch my instant queue. It's all I need in one place?

superfreek

February 9, 2010
    I rarely reply or post, but I often beta testing on plugins and must say I have been waiting on this one with a great deal of excitement. I have been able to intergrate all of my media except netflix and I look at this as the last piece of the puzzle. I just want to thank you again for keeping this alive. I was losing hope on MP about a year ago when it seem to be very buggy but with the 1.2 release and the new pluggin setup much more stable.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

Okay guys, the website is VERY close to production and I am moving forward with the 2.0 development. The cool thing about the site is it will be the backbone for the plugin, so 75% of the new development is done! Now I am working on the hooks for the plugin to the website and will be asking for some feedback once people get a chance to get in and feel out what is available on the website.

Open registration is now enabled, so anyone can now register on the site. Go to myReelTalk and click on the Login/Register button in the upper right corner of the page. Registration is quick and easy, and dont forget to register your Netflix and/or Facebook & twitter accounts. Again, registration on the site is NOT required to use the plugin, but hopfully will make it a little more fun :)

Please post back on the other thread if you have any issues here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-netflix-539/call-beta-testers-100258/.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom