My News 0.5 release (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Just wanted to say thank you for the rss plugin.

It really rocks :D

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Really nice plugin, love it. The only thing that is a bit disturbing is that many RSS feeds seem to have html code in it and it get's a bit messy to read =/ would it be possible to fiter them out? Or format them accordingly (well that might be a tough one : )

A

Anonymous

example

Can you give me an example so I can use it during testing?

Gil

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Just wanted to post some progress. I changed the selection button to a button similar to the "View as" button, updated the xml a bit so the pagebuttons are now located with the list itself.

I am now busy with getting the images to show that are in the rss feed (only if the user did not specify an image themselves). When I have this working I will submit an update to SF.

A

Anonymous

something to note

Hey Mr Mitchell,
    Checked out the update - looks good, except the Select Feed button does not work at all - it just shows a blank, and the first site is the only one ever shown. Can you fix this and push it to sourceforge? Basic functionality like this needs to always be working :)

Once you get the image from the feed working, I'll probably start working on it again. Let me know when you get things set.

Gil

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I allready gave frodo the fix for this.
    The labels were not inserted in the language file yet.

Can we make a deal here?
    It's not handy when 3 people r working on the skin.
    So, I think you can all leave the skin stuff to me ok? This way we won't be working on the same thing.

It would be nice if the default icon would be supported in this.
    So if any of you would make the icons work (just pick an existing icon, copy and rename it) then I will make a nice fitting icon for it and replace the copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom