My Pictures set up and limit as to number of pict folders ? (1 Viewer)

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
December 18, 2005
Reading, UK
I am running 0.2RC but no matter how many time I set up my pictures (deleting pict db and running picture wizard) I seem to only get about 12 folders. Also no mater how many times I point to folder to My picture folder on my :f drive, is shows pictures from my c: drive my Pcitures.

So in summary my pictures are stored on my 2nd hard drive but MP doesn't seem to work properly....

I am able to view the 12 folders and pictures ok, but I have about 30 folders which I am never able to see.

Any help appreciated as I'm goign round in circles...
This issue was also on .13 version also.

Thx

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I don´t have problems like this.

my pictures are on a different drive (logical) f:\
    i have more than 12 folders. but they are all subfolders of the folder i set the path to (difference).
    You did not use a wizard to detect the picture paths, did you? There was a problem (with music) not detecting all folders, if I remember right.

0.13 was ok 0.2RC1 +cvs is ok here

tomtom

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Reading, UK
    I am using 0.2RC2...

and I did use the wizard... even when I delete database it keep findign the same 12 sub folders not all of which are on my F: drive..

I have subfolders as Artist and under hat subfolders for albums....

Is there another process to set My Music up ?

Thx

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Reading, UK
    talking rubbish above....... I meant My Pictures above.... got issues with My Music too but I beleive others have that... I have only 12 floders of pictures appearing is what I meant...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Sorry if you've already tried this, but sometimes the obvious is easy to miss...

Have you tried setting up the pictures in MP configuration? Run the config app and you can select the picture folders from the picture section. You have a lot more control than with the wizzard.

I have mine set up this way and all my folders show with no problems.

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Reading, UK
    Yeah I did that thx... funny thing is even when I remove the pictures DB file and run MP it stil lcomes up wit hthe same picture folders even without running the config or wizard... are the picture DB stored elsewhere ?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i find the db useless for my pictures....

what i do is put all my picture files in a directory(and sub directories of that) ...wha la !

i dont use the search wiz coz the scan finds all sorts of crap with the same ext ...eg. lots of my games installed on my pc have .DAT files ...well thats a form of mpg1 video file(vcd) ...but its definitely not a vcd file .... scanning is useless in this instance

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    AndyUK49er said:
    Yeah I did that thx... funny thing is even when I remove the pictures DB file and run MP it stil lcomes up wit hthe same picture folders even without running the config or wizard... are the picture DB stored elsewhere ?

This isnt an answer but Ive been having the same problem with My Music not finding all my folders. It finds 38 of 200 or something !

I found deleting two files made a small but not complete difference. One was a txt file that was in my main 'music' directory. Can remember what it was called sorry and renaming the old database and scanning again.

I was also wondering if there was somewhere else that stored the information but couldnt find anything with my 'untrained' eye.

It wasnt until I renamed the DB that the MP wizard saw that I had changed my music directories, but as yet Im still unable to find all my music folders.

Ive downloaded 0.2.0 RC2 to try later in the week so Ill see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom