My PodCasts (2 Viewers)

fcsobel

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
smnnekho, thanks for the posts! The first url gives me a 404 error but the other two look like they should work:
When I tell mp to play files from these feeds it returns false. For example this call returns flase:
Code:
g_Player.PlayVideoStream(@"http://media.libsyn.com/media/gilville/GIDUT.ep08.wmv")
But the ones from dl.tv work like this one:
Code:
g_Player.PlayVideoStream(@"http://zdpub.vo.llnwd.net/o2/dltv/episode49/dl.tv.049.wmv")
I dont get it but maybe there is some other magic that needs to be invoked. I'll try and ask the mp devlopers.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    thx for chcking on this.

i know this sounds wiered but when i try the workin ones on my TV, they have the same problem. they work when i test them on my notebook screen, but on my CRT they end in the same problems....

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005
    I noticed something similar, after I was testing the ones that did not work the dl.tv ones stopped working. It went away after I restarted mp. Sometimes I get similar behavior from My Trailers.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    maybe WMP is just not capable of doing all that we want it to do.. it would be much easyier if VLC would replace WMP in it's function in MP... (-; at least VLC can play everything. but i have no clue if that's even possible.

ghackett

Portal Member
    May 9, 2005
    NYC
    Hi this is just an idea, but I thought I'd mention it. I've got Quicktime Alternative installed on my MP PC, and I've noticed that .mp4's seem to play just fine in MP, but .m4v's do not. However, if I rename the .m4v to .mp4, the files play!! I have not tested this with a ton of files, but it works with all the revision3 podcasts I tried out. Maybe there could be an option to rename the file extensions after downloading the podcast. As far as .mov's go, it's kind of random. Some work and others don't. Anyway, just an idea.

P.S. smnnekho - VLC would be an awsome replacement for the MP engine. It would be kick a**.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i also installed QTalternative but WMP doesn't attemp to play mp4 - neither m4v - at all. but i keep trying...

in case "VLC"... i posted an feature request in the section belonging to it and asked for a VLC plugin similar to the external players plugins like winamp and foobar...

no replys yet, but i continue to hope (-;

ghackett

Portal Member
    May 9, 2005
    NYC
    Maybe you've got an older version of QTAlternative installed. I know the MP site links to v1.66 while the newest version I could find was 1.68 (1.69 is supposed to exist, but I can't find it).

If the source were released for this plug-in, I could add in a simple rename function that woudl rename the .m4v to .mp4, but without the source, there is not a lot I can do.

coolsurfer

Portal Member
    April 19, 2006
    maybe i found a bug in the podcast plugin:

on the left side (right below the menu) is some information shown on some podcasts after they hav been started. The PSP podcasts for example codes this info-text with a "<!CDATA["-Section, what generelly should be ok. The plugin does not decode this CData-Section and shows XML instead.

And: is there a chance to change the "My Podcasts" to "Podcasts" :-D that i can handle on my installation or is this hardcoded with the plugin ?

coolsurfer

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005
    coolsurfer, thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at the text on the left side. It's just displaying whats in the description tag. I'll see if I can do a better job.

The name is hard coded but easy to change. I can change it Podcasts but everything else starts with My...are there any rules on this? I'll look at making it a mediaportal.xml setting so you can call it what you like.

Code:
    // Returns the name of the plugin which is shown in the plugin menu
    public string PluginName()
    {
    	return "My PodCasts";
    }

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom