My Programs (1 Viewer)

Ih8countree

August 20, 2005
Hello, I am a big fan of the program, but I have one problem. I haven't used the program in a few months, and I tried to enter in manually some new games in my programs, through a directory-cache. It works fine, but when I leave the window, the new items are gone. (I've pressed OK when I left). Here's the strange part: when I go back and enter a new item, any new item, the ones from before come back, but then disappear as soon as I leave. I've done this many times and have never had this problem until now. Any help would be appriciated, keep up the good work.

shilbert

Portal Member
December 8, 2004
Indianapolis
Ih8countree said:
Hello, I am a big fan of the program, but I have one problem. I haven't used the program in a few months, and I tried to enter in manually some new games in my programs, through a directory-cache. It works fine, but when I leave the window, the new items are gone. (I've pressed OK when I left). Here's the strange part: when I go back and enter a new item, any new item, the ones from before come back, but then disappear as soon as I leave. I've done this many times and have never had this problem until now. Any help would be appriciated, keep up the good work.

I am having the exact same problem. Clearly this stuff is being stored somewhere? But where? I need help. I have all my ROMS just sitting there wanting to be imported.

Stuart

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
hmm, need more info on this:

* are you using 0.1.3.0 or a late cvs version?
* in directory-cache, are you using the "update database" button or are you adding a game manually?

can you describe what you're doing, maybe step-by-step, maybe by mailing the ProgramDatabaseV3.db file to waeberd AT solnet DOT ch?

Thanks,

Daniel

shilbert

Portal Member
December 8, 2004
Indianapolis
waeberd said:
hmm, need more info on this:

* are you using 0.1.3.0 or a late cvs version?
* in directory-cache, are you using the "update database" button or are you adding a game manually?

can you describe what you're doing, maybe step-by-step, maybe by mailing the ProgramDatabaseV3.db file to waeberd AT solnet DOT ch?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel,

Using Media Portal 1.3.0. I am trying to do an update database. I also can't remove a program entry from the parent tree. It is just pretty much all jacked up. Can send you the .db file, I am not at home. Does ProgramDatabasev3.db contain all this information? I might be able to clean it out manually and get everything working again.

WOW it is Da My Programs Man!

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi,

yeah, it's all in the ProgramDatabaseV3.db file! To patch the "cannot delete any program item" bug, you can do a "drop trigger td_application;" directly on the database.

The "update database" should work fine.... Did you set the directories and the file extensions correctly (you can click the "?"-button to scan the directory for available extensions....).

Hope that helps.

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom