My Radio (1 Viewer)

GWI

Portal Member
August 9, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
When I play My Radio I don't have any sound. I understand that with pure audio I have to play radiostreams with My Music. How does this work? I know I have to create asx or pls files but how do I do that. Until now I copied the url of a webstream radio into the My Radio plugin. I have a program with thousands of preset radio stations. How can I create a asx or pls file for these internet radiostreams?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep My Radio simply bypasses any player plugins.

You'll need an asx file for every stream. An asx file is simply a little textfile named after the station and with the fileextension .asx.
    You can create/edit them in notepad. They look like this:
    Code:
    <asx version="3.0">
      <title>Arrow Classic Rock</title>
      <entry>
        <ref href="mms://arrowstream.atinet.nl/arrowrock" />
      </entry>
    </asx>
    If you have many of them you can organise them in subfolders on your disk.
    In MP you have to do 2 things:
    • Register the extension .asx bij adding it to the list in Music - Music Extensions.
    • Make sure the folder where you have stored the asx files is covered in Music - Music folders.
    Now if you select the "Shares" view in my Music, the stations are listed there and can be played.

Here's an example to start with: View attachment 16742

edit: Note that there's also a Shoutcast radio plugin available that lists all shoutcast stations!

rebreather

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Symphy.

Thanks alot for you help, i have now set my radio up to play the web stream and made a folder with the .asx files. I works fine exept one problem, when i change stream i will not play the next one, i then have to restart MP to be able to chose another stream. Have you seen this before?

Thanks

Lars

UPS!!!!! Wrong place to reply. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom