My Recipies 0.1 (1 Viewer)

barranger

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Here is the first release of the My Recipies plugin.

The format that it takes as an input is the Meal Master format. There is still a problem with the up and down buttons on the recipie detail page, but the page up and page down buttons do work. There is also no image support because I couldn't find a good way to get the images.

The next version will have a far better formatted text for the recipie detail screen.

Anyways, here it is

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Version 0.1 works!

Just had a glance.

#Does it create its own database? Or are imported recipes gone if you import another file?
    # mouse up and down buttons do not work yet. Pagedown does.
    # german umlauts did not work with my test-file. Might also be an issue of the file I used.

Looks good for 0.1. Looking forward to 0.2.
    Hope some other people keep their interest. My poll shows 88% interest. But 200 views of the thread and only 11 votes ?

Thanks for the fast work.

tomtom21000

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    tomtom21000 said:
    #Does it create its own database? Or are imported recipes gone if you import another file?

It creates it's own database, so you can import as many as you would like

tomtom21000 said:
    # mouse up and down buttons do not work yet. Pagedown does.
    Yeah this is a problem that I know about, I'll look into it soon

tomtom21000 said:
    # german umlauts did not work with my test-file. Might also be an issue of the file I used.
    I'm sorry but I don't know what a umlauts is?

tomtom21000 said:
    Thanks for the fast work.

tomtom21000
    No problem, thank you!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    @ domi-fan:

Umlaute are letters like ä, ö, ü, which we use in the german language. Sometimes, especially if you know they won´t work, you can write ae for ä ue for ü and oe for ö.

With the file I tested it with it goes like "erwrmen" instead of "erwä[{b]rmen", meaning "warming up". Umlaute are left out. As far as I have read, there are special characters that indicate such an "Umlaut", but the output depends on the program that reads the meal master format.
    I am sure this applies also to special letters in danish, swedish, croatina, french or whatsoever.

tomtom21000

And Mr. Mario64:

I bet you know only one of those two :wink:

cartoon261.gif

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    @domi-fan:

looked into it again. The file I used has in the beginning a description of the maker of the file and so on. There where characters like ä,ö, ü used. This description came up in the plug-in with the first recipe. the recipes themselves use ae instead of ä, so there is no problem.
    At the moment I don´t have an example file.

found an meal master import specification if this is of interest. but it is of version 6 and actual is 8.06.

http://www.nfbnet.org/files/cooking/IMPORT.TXT

It does not say anything about special characters, though.

I think it is no big problem.

tomtom21000

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    some small things.

1. The back button text is shown when selecting a recipie. But this button has no function then. When going into a recipie it will function.

2. It's not possible to go to the topbar from the listview.
    Would be nice to have sort buttons etc in the panel so we can also add the topbar functionality ok. This will also solve other skin problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom