My Score Center - version 2.12.0.0 - 4 May 2014 (for MP 1.6/1.7) (1 Viewer)

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello Pastill,
    I added scores for Swedish Hockey in the online settings.
    If you configured the plugin to always synchronize (in the option) just restart the plugin in Media Portal to synchronize, otherwise do a manual synchronization (using context menu in MP).
    Note that it is not possible to render the Play-Off table so I put the game results only.

If you want to add more score (statistics ...) try to copy one of the existing scores (copy button in the toolbar) and change the settings (name, url, parsing expressions...).
    You can read the wiki to learn how to add score or ask here if you need help.
    Then you can share them with the rest of us (using the export feature) and I will add them to the main settings.

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I just updated the online settings for the Tour de France.
    And it seems that when I added the Swedish Hockey scores I forgot to include the folder. So if you did not see them, it should work know.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was wondering the other day if it might be possible to show on the first screen displayed when opening My Score Center all the currently enabled Live scores and allow the user to disable them from there? I just think perhaps it's a bit fiddly for the user to have to drill down through the various categories to find and disable them but perhaps I'm overlooking something as I don't have much experience with using it I must admit.

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I was wondering the other day if it might be possible to show on the first screen displayed when opening My Score Center all the currently enabled Live scores and allow the user to disable them from there? I just think perhaps it's a bit fiddly for the user to have to drill down through the various categories to find and disable them but perhaps I'm overlooking something as I don't have much experience with using it I must admit.
    At some point I wanted to implement a "Favorite" feature.
    The user will mark some particular scores as favorite (via the context menu) and in the context menu there is a menu "show only favorites".
    I guess I should reuse this for what you are asking.

Another possibility is to have a "Live" folder in the tree with shortcuts to the live scores.
    In this case the pb is how to display the item because usually the name is in the context of the parent. For examples many scores are called "Results" or "Standings" so if there are all put at the same level it will be confusing. And if I use the full name for example, "Football > Germany > Bundesliga > Results" then it is too long for the list. It will probably scroll but it may be weird.

I will see what I can do.
    Personally, I usually have only one Live at a time, so I always do "Clear all Live" in the context menu and the (re-)active the score I wanted and start the live feature.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, the Favorites feature sounds great.

I actually hadn't noticed the Clear All Live function (I did say I haven't used MSC much yet!) so that helps a lot actually and I imagine most people only have one score Live at a time like you anyway, so having the Clear All function to reset it if the user messes up or forgets what they'd activated is great and probably there's no need to worry about doing what I was asking after all :)

If you did still want to do it at some time though, perhaps you could deal with the issue of the long full names by showing the list in the main part of the screen (where the scores are shown), in the same way that OnlineVideos lists sites and streams, rather than a pop-up from the context menu. You could do the same with the Favorites, so by going left to open a side-menu, there you would select Favorites and it would show them in a list in the main area of the screen and from there you could delete a Favorite by highlighting it and pressing a button (or selecting Delete from the Context Menu). The same method could be used to disable Live scores from the List of currently active as well, if you felt that was something worth implementing.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Fred, I was trying to install ScoreCenter 2.7.0 on MediaPortal 1.3 Alpha but I get a dependency error. Will you create a version that works with MP 1.3a?
    Thanks!

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey Fred, I was trying to install ScoreCenter 2.7.0 on MediaPortal 1.3 Alpha but I get a dependency error. Will you create a version that works with MP 1.3a?
    Thanks!
    I was not planning to do it, mostly because I don't want to install the alpha version.
    For what I'm reading in the wiki the only change needed it to increase the min require version in the References.
    If I found sometimes this week I will try to do it.

Frederic

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry for the long answer.
    Personally I don't want to install the alpha version on my running version and it seems it is not possible to install both on the same computer.

As a try, I changed the compatibly version in the properties and uploaded them to the google code site.
    Note that this is still build against MP 1.2.3
    http://code.google.com/p/scorecenter/downloads/detail?name=ScoreCenterLive.dll&can=2&q=
    http://code.google.com/p/scorecenter/downloads/detail?name=ScoreCenter.dll&can=2&q=

Can someone with alpha version try to replace the dll with this ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom