My Score Center - version 2.12.0.0 - 4 May 2014 (for MP 1.6/1.7) (1 Viewer)

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the example. My solution was not working (I forgot the code page :oops:).
    Just need to change the UI to enter it.

Rico

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Straelen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Rico,

Could you post your settings file for me?
    Would be saving me a lot of work. :D in advance ;)

And btw, awesome plug!

Hi Joz

i lost all of my configs of all plugins and all settings of my mediaportal due pc crash and have to do all from the start again :(

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    i lost all of my configs of all plugins and all settings of my mediaportal due pc crash and have to do all from the start again :(

OK, maybe wait the next version (soon) to recreate the settings, it will avoid a migration (and the export feature :D).

And maybe for the next next version it will be a good idea to host the settings online, and the plugin will synchronize it with the local file. What do you think? How should it work?

ederson13

Portal Member
    December 9, 2008
    It would be helpful for many users cause looking for the xpath isn`t easy for everyone. using a computer doesn`t mean you must know a few thing about html.

on the other hand i (and maybe others too) am not interested in everything. I want for example greek A1 volleyball league , i doubt many others wants this and and i have absolutely no interest in lower leagues of france , baseball and many other leagues.

So if it`s possible to make it more versatile would be great. Instead of syncing everything have the option to select what you need

But again i`m no coder i don`t know if this is something easily done or it needs a huge efford

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fred, this version is really fantastic! Works here like a charm with MP 1.1.0 ALPHA and latest SVN! :D And with the ability to rename the entries it´s easy to adapt to ones language! GREAT JOB!

Rico

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Straelen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And maybe for the next next version it will be a good idea to host the settings online, and the plugin will synchronize it with the local file. What do you think? How should it work?

that should be cool so we can update the settings time al the time when there is a change and the plugin will synchronize it then but we need a hosting server then to host the settings files

gonna try the new version this evening

thanks for it

FredP42

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    that should be cool so we can update the settings time al the time when there is a change and the plugin will synchronize it then but we need a hosting server then to host the settings files

Hosting the file is not a pb, I just upload it on Google Code.

My idea so far:
    • Add a setting to specify the url of the file and import options
      • New Only
      • New + Merge
    • When the plugin starts dowload the file and import it
    • Import using the current settings

Merge will have the same options as the import:
    - names: category, league, name
    - url: url, xpath, ...
    - rules: ...

For example: if a an url change by setting merge (url only), if the url is fixed in the online file the plugin will refresh it.

The pb with this solution is that the plugin will dowload the file everytime it starts. The file is not big (less than 40kb) but it may grow, so maybe we will need to switch to a database so that the plugin can ask for new or updated items.

It would be helpful for many users cause looking for the xpath isn`t easy for everyone. using a computer doesn`t mean you must know a few thing about html.

on the other hand i (and maybe others too) am not interested in everything. I want for example greek A1 volleyball league , i doubt many others wants this and and i have absolutely no interest in lower leagues of france , baseball and many other leagues.

So if it`s possible to make it more versatile would be great. Instead of syncing everything have the option to select what you need

But again i`m no coder i don`t know if this is something easily done or it needs a huge efford

The idea behind is that:
    - there are a lot of web sites giving sport scores
    - it is not possible to handle everything
    - web site changes

Of course it would be nice if a site will provide results in an XML format, but it does not exists (some example were given in an another posts but that all I found).

XPath seems to me a good way to parse the html. It is not complicated the w3school tutorial is a good way to learn it.
    But you can also ask other users, I will be happy to try to help you.
    Give us the urls and what your looking in the page (maybe describe it if it is in greek).

The new version allows you to disable the score you don't want to see from MediaPoral by selecting the element and using the context menu.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Issue with Premier League Results

Hi FredP42!

Very big :D for this great plugin! Only with the results of the Premier League i have an issue! Please take a look at the screenshot! I hope, you can help!

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild 007.jpg
      Bild 007.jpg
      65.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom