• Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi kroko,

cool tool ... öhm plugin

could u give us a look in your crystall-ball
    when it will be possible 2 use di.fm (*.pls) again?

i love those sky-channels and the music ...

thx alot and
    greatings from near pinneberg to itzehoe ;)

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

rtv: I will try to add this in the next release

polarie: yes pls will be supported in the next version as well as going back to home still playing

I was using the vlc quite a long time. Now I feel it is better to use the existing bass player. So I changed the code already to be quite the same as the radio plugin. Just adding my web parser to display title and artist on the viz. I use the wmp viz. There are some goodies for that around. So just give me a little bit more time and I will be ready.

Regards
    kroko

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

@rtv: I will try to add this in the next release

@polarie: yes pls will be supported in the next version as well as going back to home still playing

I was using the vlc quite a long time. Now I feel it is better to use the existing bass player. So I changed the code already to be quite the same as the radio plugin. Just adding my web parser to display title and artist on the viz. I use the wmp viz. There are some goodies for that around. So just give me a little bit more time and I will be ready.

Regards
    kroko

Great!
    I appreciate your movement to use existing code. Maybe don't even focus on BASS but simply call g_player.play() and let the factory decide which is the best (configured) player.

Just ask if you've got some specific integration questions ;)

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv,

i just had to add some lines of code to provide thumbs even for pls, asx and my xml stations files. Then I added my web parser to get the artist title from the web pages. Also i added a part to bypass the token protection from tiscali. So far every thing works. The radio plugin was using the playlist player. I did not change much, only exchanging the file path with my url and also the viz is dammed working without doing anything ;-) There is just one open item:

How can I record the stream and transcode it into a mp3 ?

I know from one of my projects how to use bassenc and lame.exe to do this job. But in the MP source I was not able to find real good solution. It just too much code to lock at. Do you have a clue where is a good point to look at ? The bassenc is not implemented and also I missing some methods to do that.

Regards
    kroko

OK after seaching for a while here is the code if somebody need to record the stream...

// get the ID for the stream
    int _stream = (int)MediaPortal.Visualization.VisualizationBase.Bass.CurrentAudioStream;
    // save mp3 through lame.exe
    string name = "File_" + DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString();
    string cmd = "lame.exe --alt-preset standard - " + name + ".mp3";
    BassEnc.BASS_Encode_Start(_stream, cmd, BASSEncode.BASS_ENCODE_AUTOFREE, null, 0);

u need to add bassenc.dll and lame.exe but thats not to bad.

its time for a glass of wine ;-)) so far , cheers

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1st: Do you know when the stream's song changes? E.g. via "MetaTagSyncProc(int handle, int channel, int data, int user)" in BassAudio.cs 2089?

2nd: Here is an almost exact C# example of what you like to do ;)

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

@rtv: I will try to add this in the next release

@polarie: yes pls will be supported in the next version as well as going back to home still playing

Regards
    kroko

ahhh that sounds perfekt to me ... *g*
    i love that di.fm pls's

good sound-quality @ good music ...

big THX - looking forward to your next version

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmmmm i managed it that DI.FM running on my RC4 MePo Server/Client ...

but only the MediaPlayer-Version (sound blury with that 40Kbits) ...
    i will give it a try (V2) ...

hope that runs with the WinAMP stream (*.pls) couse has much better quality i think and feel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom