Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi mumin,

in the log
"Klasse nicht registriert"
shows the activex part has not been installed with the vlc installation.

Copy the the axvlc.dll from the vlc or vlc/activex folder to the windows folder and
execute

REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\AXVLC.DLL

Hope that works. Btw use not the latest version of vlc its buggy. I recommend the 0.8.6 h version from vlc

Regards
kroko

mumin

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Kroko,

thanks for advice. I have done that but got an error message while trying to execute this regsvr32 comand. Although having copied the dll correctly to the windows folder first, I got the message library not found.

Is there another way to register the dll ?

best regards
mumin

Hi mumin,

in the log
"Klasse nicht registriert"
shows the activex part has not been installed with the vlc installation.

Copy the the axvlc.dll from the vlc or vlc/activex folder to the windows folder and
execute

REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\AXVLC.DLL

Hope that works. Btw use not the latest version of vlc its buggy. I recommend the 0.8.6 h version from vlc

Regards
kroko

Firstflight

Portal Member
September 2, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Kroko,

looks like you are quite the expert when it comes to streaminternetradio using Mediaportal. I just yesterday installed the software and looked into the originial and provided MyRadio plugin. In order to add radio streams, it asks to add *.pls files. Here is my question: How do you get those pls files? I would like to add Bayern 3 (BR3), Hitradio N1 in Nuernberg and Radio 8 from Ansbach (I am originally from Germany and like to listen to my home radio stations over the web). I read the threads about he plugin that you created but I think it might be a little over my head... :)

Danke, bis bald.

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi mumin,

looks like this dll needs to have the libvlc.dll also in the same folder. It works if you copy that dll into the windows folder too.

On my system both dll

libvlc.dll and axvlc.dll are in the vlc folder under C:\Programme\videolan\vlc\
So to register them I type

REGSVR32 C:\Programme\videolan\vlc\axvlc.dll

Hope it works for you too. Again do not use the 0.8.6 i version. Use the h version instead !

Regards
kroko

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Thanks, I had problems with this plug-in also, errors and MP would crash. This last one helped me on the issue. Couldn´t register libvlc.dll but in my case it didn´t need it. Using 0.8.6h

On the otherhand, is there or will there be a possibility to use this plugin when navigating the other areas of MP , like playing the music from harddrive and doing other stuff at the same time?

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo Firstflight,

you must put this into your pls file:

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=2

File1=http://streams.br-online.de/bayern3_1.asx
Title1=Bayern 3
Length1=-1

File2=http://stream.radio8.de:8000/live
Title2=Radio 8
Length2=-1

I put the file here as zip ;-)
It will not work for N1 since that one is protected and could be only heard via my plugin or on their homepage.

Hope that helps you.
kroko

MC_Mice
Yeah there would be a way changing the player to the vlc plugin or using the internal player. For this more experimental tests are needed. Right now I will have very limited time. So maybe to a later time I will try to do this.

Regards
kroko

Firstflight

Portal Member
September 2, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Servus Kroko,

recht herzlichen Dank fuer Deine schnelle Antwort und Hilfe.

Wenn ich Dein Plugin installieren wuerde, waere das fuer einen Laien machbar? Ist mehr involviert als das Plugin down zu loaden und zu installieren?

Ausserdem wuerde mich interessieren, wo Du die beiden links, die Du mir schicktest, her hast? Ich hatte ewig nach dem BR3 gesucht...

Danke nochmal,
Firstflight

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Firstflight,

to install my plugin download the mpi file and install it with the installer. Then set the record folder in the configuration. Thats it. Should be easy.

The streams I found here:

BR3

Homepage Bayern 3 | BR
Go to "Live hören" and on that popup open the source code (strg u)
down there you'll find sometihing like

player.avaible_url['microsoftmedia']['1'] = "http://streams.br-online.de/bayern3_1.asx";
player.avaible_url['microsoftmedia']['2'] = "http://streams.br-online.de/bayern3_2.asx";
player.avaible_url['flashmedia']['1'] = "http://streams.br-online.de/bayern3_1.m3u";
player.avaible_url['flashmedia']['2'] = "http://streams.br-online.de/bayern3_2.m3u";
there is the link

Radio 8

Homepage Radio 8 - Megahertz für Mittelfranken :: Home
"Play" to listen to live stream
right click windows media player and then look under File/Properties/
there is the link

Have a nice time

Regards
kroko

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
September 5, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Firslty, I want to say a huge Thanks, Kroko, for making such a wonderful plugin. :D

I am amazed that this functionality doesn't exist in mediaportal without the use of a plugin! I thought lots of people listen to Internet Radio Nowdays.

Anyway, there are a few comments, feature requests and help requests I would like to make if you have a spare moment free (it sounds like you're really busy right now).

1) Firstly, I had a HUGE amount of trouble installing My Streamradio. I came back to this thread and reaslised that it is because the latest release of VLC is buggy. Maybe you should mention that on the start page of this thread?

2) I've made my own xml sheets for some stations that I like and I can hear sound from them but I can't seem to get the parsing section right. Actually, I have no idea what I'm doing there, so was wondering if you could help a bit?

3) I can't seem to find the stream for XFM (XFM | Home). How would I find the stream for this station?

4) Can we have more than 5 favourites? If possible, you could put them in a separate xml file, making them easier to remember and to prevent duplication.

- If possible, it would be great to add as many favourites as a person wanted, with any number combinations as wanted.

- Also, it would be great to be able to have the stream/channel order tied to favourites. So you have to put all the radio stations you want to be able to select in MP in the 'favourites' xml sheet. You then have to number then. Those numbers become the number of the favourites and the order they appear when going up or down through the different streams.

5) Is it possible to add command mapping? So that I can change Record from "R" to, say, "alt+shift+R". This would make it a lot easier to work with remote controls. Or you could just have Record as the same command as TV record.

Sorry I'm asking a lot, but it's damn impressive so far! Please keep up the great work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom