My trusted TBS 6922 DVB-S2 card won't work in new system....any ideas please!!? (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For some years have had success with MP1.....using TBS 6922 card in i3 (2nd Gen) system.
Have now 'upgraded' (ha-ha!!) to i5 (8th Gen) MSI B360M BAZOOKA system (Win10 1803 etc) and after trying all kinds of solutions (seeking Win10 forum help/MSI updated BIOS) still cant get the thing to properly install (Code 10 error)

If anyone has any wheezes on how I might get round this...I'd be very grateful!

Otherwise...looking for recommendations on something to replace the TBS6922 (Could be DVB S2 or DVB T2)

All comments welcome!!

Kev

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    after trying all kinds of solutions (seeking Win10 forum help/MSI updated BIOS) still cant get the thing to properly install (Code 10 error)
    I notice that you asked the same question on the TBS web site, but did not receive any useful help. :(

Are you sure that your BIOS does not have a "PCI Express Generation 1" setting? Bear in mind that it might be called something else ("PCI Express Compatibility Mode" perhaps).

Do you have a copy of Windows 7? Depending on the processor installed in your motherboard, it might be possible to install Windows 7 just to see if the TBS tuner will work (i.e. don't try to activate the installation). If it does work, you would need to do something about obtaining a valid Windows 7 licence. Windows 7 is fully supported up to Intel 6th generation (Sky Lake), and people have had some success installing it on 7th generation (Kaby Lake) systems (although possibly with some limitations).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    ........Are you sure that your BIOS does not have a "PCI Express Generation 1" setting? Bear in mind that it might be called something else ("PCI Express Compatibility Mode" perhaps).
    Have tried the Gen1 BIOS setting....to no avail.. :(
    Interestingly enough....with GEN1 set.....the MSI Board Explorer feature continues to show both PCIe slots as being 'empty', (with the 6922 in either of them!) and remains at GEN2....which seems odd to me!!

I've used Win8/Win10 for so long, the idea of goin' back to 7 doesn't excite me.
    Alternatively...could just go back to i3 system I suppose....that'd be wasting a lot of £'s..... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom