Video Card Driver: 8.172
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Intervideo NonCSS Video decoder for Hauppauge
Audio Codec Type & Version: Intervideo NonCSS Audio decoder for Hauppauge
TV Card: PCI Hauppauge PVR350
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.20

HELP!

I've nearly got Media Portal working the way I want to work, but I'm having a wierd problem which I don't know why it happens.

When going into My TV, whether or not Time Shifting is on, after a period of time (sometimes an hour, sometimes 10 minutes) the audio goes all crackly and the only way I can fix it is to switch off the timeshifting (if on) or switch the TV function off then on.

I've tried presing the keys on the keyboard until the audio crackles (to see if it's something to do with powersaving), going into full screen mode, staying in the menu or the TV guide but I can't easily cause it fail - but it does fail eventually.

What I did notice is that if I recorded the program when the problem occurred during the live viewing, the sound wasn't affected playing it back.

Has anyone any ideas or anyone else having this problem???

soliver25

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
It looks as if the CVS released today is, for some reason, using VMR9 Windowless instead of Renderless. Either that or my video card just all of the sudden decided to start working with Renderless. In the previous CVS releases, I've had to go into the mediaportal.xml file and change the VMR9 option to 2, since the configuration.exe only allows 0 and 1 (vmr7 and vmr9 renderless) now.

Alander

Portal Member
November 7, 2004
An extra bit to the puzzle, I haven't had the video problems going out of sync with the audio but when the audio gets crackly, If I'm in timeshifting mode and press pause and press play again the audio returns back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom