My TV - Lost / Channel List / Frequences / Names (1 Viewer)

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
Yesterday I deleted the old application 0.1.0.3 and installed the new release 0.1.0.5.1. After starting the new MP version I recogniced that I had to reconfigurate my WINTV PVR 250 first I thought that's no problem but than I saw that I had lost also all the channels , names and frequencys. All the other settings like shared folder and plugins were still like the old version (perfect).

Wouldn`t it be nice to keep the channels names and frequences in a separate file. In my opinion they don`t depend on the Hardware. Just kind of tuner cable, antenna, dvb-c/s/t. This will make new setup much faster.

HenriM

Portal Pro
October 17, 2004
Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
I presume you didn't delete it, but de-installed MP. I must agree with your suggestion. You can import the channels from your TVGuide.xml file. However with the 0.1.0.5.1 version I still had to enter the frequencies again (I do it by hand). Never had this problem before 0.1.0.4 when upgrading to a new version.

Probaly the suggestion is to have all channels with channel-number and frequency in a seperate XML file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom