My TV player 'vs' My Videos player (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was wondering what is the difference when playing a recorded .ts file from My TV -> Recorded TV 'vs' playing the same .ts file in My Videos?

The reason i ask is that i have a MP Server+Client running XP, and a client running Vista. When I play a recorded TV episode on the vista client via My TV -> Recorded TV, i get some stuttering in the audio stream. When I play the same .ts file on the vista client using My Videos and browsing to the networked MP recording directory the audio is perfect.

If i run graph edit i can see they are both using the same codecs etc. This happens with all my recorded TV when i try to stream it over the network via Recorded TV, the wierd thing is it plays perfectly under My Videos. So this eliminates any network bandwidth problem or problem with the Vista client's PC specs. They both use the same codecs/same graphedit graph so it can't be a codec problem. I get the same audio problem when playing Live TV on the vista client. The recordings are h264.ts files with AAC audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom