MY TV Problems (1 Viewer)

Who has problem with MYTV DVB multiple cards since 11 nov

• Total voters

sciutand

Portal Member
February 4, 2005
Hi,

I've been playing with MP for a while but since the 11th of november I cannot use CVS and successfully run MYTV plugin.
I have multiple DVB_T cards and experienced the following problems either all at the same time and/or separately. Normally tried with a fresh installation of rc1 and the applied CVS running start.bat (both net1.1 and 2 installed)

- MP crashes during tuning (either setup wizard app or from within MP)
- MyTV doesn't show any programs succesfully tuned
- Impossible to turn TV on
- TV shows but very choppy (flashing black screen)
- Tv shows for few seconds and then MP freezes

I'm doing this survey because I read varius post scattered around and not sure how many people are encountering this and wheather it's a real issue or it's a user problem (me in this case)

sciutand

Portal Member
February 4, 2005
SilenTYL, I will do tonight and try to put error logs during the diffrent occurences of failure, although my post was really to gather informations about how many people are experiencing this problem when using DVB-T cards regardless of system spec since It doesn't seems I'm alone having problems since 11 nov

AS

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
With all do respect sciutand, CVS is work in progress. Think of it as internal incremental beta versions that the developers are kind enough to allow you to download. What works today may not work tomorrow and vice versa. Makeing one portion stable may introduce bugs that break another portion.

Have you been to http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30?
It is the Media Portal Test Group
You should give feedback on your CVS problems there.

sciutand

Portal Member
February 4, 2005
Whishywashy, I know that CVS is work in progress and mine was not a complain at all, I'm just trying to make Mp better as everyone else and concerned that MYTV has not been working for a while. Obviously the dev don't seem to be aware of this and my scope was just to judge how many people are having the same problem as I have and, as put in the post, there are a few scattered around.
This was just an attempt to bring them toghether, gather informations about what we have in common and then go back to the developers with something useful. If this was the wrong place or way then I'll cancel my post.

AS

sciutand

Portal Member
February 4, 2005
Well you where right on posting elsewhere..93 views not one single vote..apart from mine...not sure what to make of it...no one has multiple DVB-T crads or no one is using CVS since the 11nov or too lazy to click on yes or no button...bah..

AS

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
sciutand said:
Well you where right on posting elsewhere..93 views not one single vote..apart from mine...not sure what to make of it...no one has multiple DVB-T crads or no one is using CVS since the 11nov or too lazy to click on yes or no button...bah..

AS

I have issues with CVS builds since about this time.
Actually I've managed to get a build from 18/11/05 running, but not as stable as builds previous to this.

But I don't run multiple DVB-T cards - so can't vote - I'm guessing if you rephrased you poll and removed the multiple qualifier you'd get many more replies.

I'm not too worried yet about the CVS build not working - I'm optimistically taking this as an indication of a final 'flurry' of activity prior to v2.0 release. Some regression is inevitable.

HTH,
BigJ.

sciutand

Portal Member
February 4, 2005
ouch..tried to amend my pool and take off multiple dvb-t card but it won't let me so if get to read this far and have issues with whatching at all mytv with latest CVS pls feel free to let us know.

AS

Ian Darley

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
Southport
I don't know if you have FFDShow installed, but if you do; have a good look at it's configuration. My MP started to have a 'stroby slide show type of picture and really bad sound. When I'd almost given up I was playing round with settings and tried disabling some audio codecs within FFDShow and voila! it works again. Can't explain why this should happen, but it did after a CVS update around the time you mention.

Cheers

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom