My TV Series On XBMC (1 Viewer)

Nuisance

Portal Member
September 22, 2006
Hello,

I'm a long time mediaportal user (7+ years) but I'm thinking about getting a pi raspberry and using XBMC. However I haven't been able to find anything like My TVSeries on that platform. The ability to not care about folder structure. My TVSeries doesn't such a wonderful job with sorting out my series.

Is there anything even close to this for XBMC?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    XBMC has a buildin videos plugin that has similar functionality than MovingPictures and MPTVSeries combined in a single plugin. You just have to tell XBMC which kind of video this special share contains.

Nuisance

Portal Member
    September 22, 2006
    Thanks for your reply. The xbmc wiki says to have the tv series in a specific directory structure. Is there something I need to do so I don't have to do this?

Rowan

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Don't know, as I'm not really using XBMC for video playback. Mostly I use XBMC from inside MP for pictures as the MP pictures plugin is crap. I did not like the overall PQ on XBMC's video player. MPs Direct Show Player gives a lot better quality, so I did not use XBMC that much.

Aside this I always have my series sorted in folders named after the series name similar to the name on TVDB. This seems to be needed for XBMC so I never encountered any problems here.

Do you have all your series episodes mixed together in a single folder? That would be not a clever idea as many files in a single directory slows down Windows a lot... As I own 13.000 Episodes this would be impossible to handle.

There are tools available which did the renaming and creating of folder structure automatically based on tvdb so this can be done with a single mouse click.

Nuisance

Portal Member
    September 22, 2006
    Yes, I just use a flat structure. I don't keep an archive of my episodes so I never experience the slow down that you talk of.

Useless someone has experience of using something as good as My TVSeries I will have to go down the rename program/script though something I don't really want to do.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    OK, if you only have a few files than you can keep them in a single folder, that's true. But then I can't help you as I don't know a XBMC plugin to keep track on this. And I believe there is no such plugin out there...

Maybe you can ask in XBMC forum... the people there are much more experienced on XBMC as our MP community.

marv

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i am using xbmc and my folder structure for the tv series look like this:

series
    tv series 1
    ...s01e01....avi
    ...s02e04....avi
    tv series 2
    ...s01e01....avi
    ...s02e04....avi
    and so on

it doesnt matter how your filenames are named, as long as they contain the season and episode number in a xbmc-understandable expression (SxxEx is the most common, but xbmc understands a few other).

inside xbmc you set the folder as tv series and scrape it. depending on your skin you have different views you can choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom